Chapter 11: peeta!

It's been 2 months. That means we have 1 more month until school is over. The girls and I decided that we will all go to the same college together. The boys agreed too. So we are still picking colleges, were not sure where we are going yet. Anyways, I now have a big scar going down my cheek from where Delly scratched me. My eye is all better, but now I have a huge scar going down my face. I don't really care though. After that, Delly was expelled from school, they said she was a threat to all the students acid that she shouldn't be here. Thank gosh. The girls and I decided to go shopping for dresses for that after party after graduation. Annie is wearing the same on she wore to the dance. The night I caught Peeta......kissing.... I can't even think of it. It wasn't Peeta's fault. Anyways, we are on our way to the mall.
"Hey guys, what color dresses are you looking for?" Annie asks. She already has her dress. She wants to help us find ours.
"I'm looking for like a short blue dress, with diamonds on the top and strapless." I say.
"I'm looking for a dress similar to my last one." Glimmer explains. If course.
"I want a blue one too but long and strapless." Johanna explains.
"I want like a light yellow, with like short sleeves." Clove explains.
"I just want a simple strapless dress. Annie you pick." Faith says.
"Don't worry, I'm picking for all of you. Here is the deal. When we get inside we go straight to the store, you guys are going to sit down and have your backs facing the dress lane. I'm going to pick out dresses similar to the dresses you are looking for. Once I'm done, I will have you guys look at them, and try then on. If you like them, I will pay for them, if you don't, you find a dress yourself and pay for it. And don't just say yes to an ugly dress of you don't like it so I would have to pay for it. Deal?" Annie explains.
"Deal!" We all say.

Once we get to the store, we sit down on a a bench with out backs facing the dress lane. It takes about Annie 15 minutes to find the dresses.
"Ok, one person at a time. The dresses are hidden so everyone turn around." Annie demands.
"Katniss first." Annie says, showing me the dress. I'm shocked. The dress looks exactly like the dress I described In the car.
"Annie.... It looks exactly like the one I explained in the car. It's gorgeous!" I say. (Katniss' dress is the first on in the picture.
"Ok now for glimmer." Annie says walking out with a dress that looks exactly like glimmers last one, except it isn't strapless.
"Annie.... How do you do this? We tell you the dresses that we want, and you literally find it. It's stunning Annie!" Glimmer says getting up and hugging Annie.
"Ok, now the next one is for clove." Annie shows us a yellow lace dress, with short sleeves. It suits clove perfectly.
"This is exactly what I wanted!" Clove cheers. "Thank you." Annie smiles back at clove and them looks at Johanna.
"Ok Johanna. I hope you like it because it's beautiful and would look amazing on you." Annie explains. She pulls out a strapless blue dress that shows part of her leg. Johanna's jaw drops.
"I'm not the one to pick out dresses, but this one I like." Johanna says with a huge smile of her face.
"And last, but not least, faith. You asked for casual, so that's what I got."Annie explains. She pulls out a light blue dress with the top of it white, and it's strapless and the back of the dress goes below the knees, and the front of it is slightly higher. It's perfect for faith.
"Just what I asked for! Thanks Annie." Faith says hugging Annie.

After shopping and getting our dresses, we went home to drop the stuff off. We decided to meet the guys at the park. We want to show them our dresses, so we are going to wear them to the park. We also bought high heels. We all got heels that match our dresses. Were going to look so beautiful. We want our dresses to be a surprise, so we decided to to put long jackets on. We are going to meet the guys by the fountain in the park.
"Ready to go?" Asked Annie.
"Yep!" I said really excited. We left my house and walked to the park. It took us about 10 minutes to walk there. Once we got there, we went straight to the fountain. The guys hadn't arrived yet. We waited for another 10 minutes and finally the boys arrived. They were walking side by side. It went from Finnick, to Thresh to Cato and to Marvel. Where is Peeta? He isn't here.
"Hey guys!" Annie says.
"Hey!" Finnick says back, kissing Annie.
"Where's Peeta?" Is all I ask.
"I don't know, he texted me saying that we should leave without him." Finnick explains. "He is probably still at the bakery."
"I'm going to find him." I say, walking away. "Anyone wanna come with me?" I ask.
"Were gonna stay here." Says Annie.
"He's your best friend, and he could be in trouble, and all you wanna do it stay here? Fine. Be that way. I'll go find him myself." I say walking away really mad. I walk for about 10 minutes until I finically reach the bakery. I sit outside, contemplating on if I should go inside or if I shouldn't. But before I could do anything, I hear a loud scream coming from inside the bakery. I run inside, and see Peeta laying on the floor clutching his face.
"Oh my god, Peeta!" I scream running up to him. "What happened?" I ask.
"Katniss, you shouldn't be here. Leave before-" he gets cut off by someone hitting me in the face with a rolling pin. His eyes grow wider.
"Katniss!" He screams. I'm clutching my eye because it's throbbing like crazy. I can't even open it. As I release my hand from my eye, tears start to well up in Peeta's eyes.
"Katniss your eye! What the heck mom! You just beat my girlfriend!" He screams at his mother while hugging me.
"I doubt she's you girlfriend. You worthless. No one would date you!" Screams his mother.
"I date him because I love him. And to me, he isn't worthless!" I scream back at his mom.
"Peeta, you break up with her or I will beat you again!" Shouts him mother.
"Beat me. I wouldn't leave Katniss for anything." He explains. I start to get tears in my eyes. He would take a bearing for me? Before I could think of anything, I was struck again by the saw rolling pin. I then see blood running along the floor. Peeta was scrambling to get paper towels, and ice pack, and his father so that he could help me out. But before I could even realize the blood was coming from my head, I passed out.

I woke up a few hours later with my head in Peeta's lap. He was sitting on the couch switching through channels on the tv until he realized i had woken up.
"Katniss, your awake!" Cheers Peeta. My head starts to ring and I get a massive headache. I clutch my head. I then realized the top of my head is rapped in a huge bandage.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You ran into the bakery and saw me beating beaten by my mom. You ran over to help me and my mom hit you too. My mom threaten to beat me again if I didn't break up with you, and I refused. Instead of hitting me, she hit you even harder in the head with the rolling pin. You were bleeding everywhere Katniss. I hit my mom with the rolling pin and knocked her out. She is in jail right now. My dad called the police. Katniss, It hasn't been hours since that happened, it's been 4 days. You were in the hospital for two of them. "He explains. "You risked your life for me. Why would you do that?" He asks. I sit there starring straight into his eyes.
"Because I love you Peeta." I say. He starts to cry even more and then places his lips on mine. When he pulls away, he looks straight into my eyes again.
"I love you too Katniss. So much." I start to cry now. I kiss him again, and then I lay my head back down on Peeta's lap. We watch tv for another hour before we fall asleep.

-------------a week later---------------
(Is it really a week later?)
Katniss' POV:

It's been a week since the I woke up after sleeping for four days. I guess Peeta's mom really hurt me bad. Anyways, when we woke up the next morning, Peeta noticed my dress. He said I look stunning in it. I love him so much. Anyways, me and Peeta are watching tv. Someone knocks on the door.
"Can you please go get it for me babe. I'm too lazy." I say pretending to fall asleep.
"Sure." Peeta says tickling me before he gets up. I keep watching tv until I hear a loud bang. I run into the hallway to see what happened and I see Peeta laying on the flour unconscious.
"Peeta!" I scream while running up to him. I make sure he is still breathing. Thank God, he is. Then gale appears in the doorway.
"Hey katnip." Gale says.
"Gale, what the heck! What did you do to Peeta!" I scream at him.
"I knocked him out, because you didn't choose me, Delly and I decided to hurt Peeta to get back at you." He explains. Delly then appears in the doorway.
"And we succeeded." Delly says walking away with gale and laughing. I look down at Peeta and he has a blood gushing out if his head. I grab my phone, call the police, and then call my friends. I wait for the ambulance to arrive and I try to wake up peeta so he doesn't die. Peeta opens his eyes.
"Katniss?" He whispers. I start to cry.
"Yeah?" I ask with tears in my eyes.
"My head... It hurts." He says, grabbing his head.
"Peeta don't touch it." I say.
"Katniss... I love you." Those were his last words before he goes unconscious again. I'm left with blood all over my hands and legs, and I lay with him until the ambulance came. He starts to breathe heavy, and all I can remember is looking at Peeta, with his head in his own pool of blood, and then the sound of a flat line on a heart monitor.

And then I woke up.

-----------------------------------------
It was all just a nightmare. Sorry if I scared you😬😂. I worked on this chapter for 3 days. I couldnt figure out what to right until I finally had an idea. I hope you liked it. Please follow and if you have any ideas or suggestions just leave them in the comments. If I use your idea I will promise to give you credit. 400 reads!?!? That's huge! You guys are just the best. Sorry if I'm not updating as frequent as I used to. I have so much homework to get done. I promised you guys am update 2 to 3 times every week, so the next chapter should be up on Saturday. Thanks so much again guys. Until next time.

May the odds me ever in your favor.😎