Chapter 9: hospital

Peeta's POV:

Katniss has been in a coma for a week now. I'm in the hospital everyday, I sleep in her hospital room every night so that I'm there when she wakes up. She has a broken rib, and bruises everywhere on her face and her back. I go back to her room because I need to see her. Once I get there, I walk inside and just break down in tears when I see her there. I walk over to her and sit down in the chair next to her bed. I grabs her hand in mine and just talk to her even though she won't talk back.
"Katniss, you have to wake up, I can't live without you. When we broke up, it was like I died inside. I need you Katniss. Your my everything." I say with tears in my eyes. A doctor than walks in.
"Peeta, just the person I wanted to see." He says. Prim and mrs. Everdeen walks in behind the doctor.
"Hello." I say to them.
"Peeta the doctor needs to talk to you. He already talked to us about it and it's gonna really upset you." Prim says. I start to feel sick.
"What's wrong?" I ask while shaking.
"Katniss has a 40 percent chance of waking up. And if she doesn't wake up in the next 24 hours, were gonna have to take her off her life support." The doctor explains. I take a step back, my mouth drops open and I sit down and start bawling my eyes out in my hands.
"You can't do that. She might not wake up in 24 hours. I know she will wake up maybe not in 24 hours though." I say crying.
"In sorry Peeta." The doctor says leaving the room.
"Peeta, I'm so sorry." Prim says hugging me.
"Why are you guys so sorry?" Someone asks? That voice sounded so familiar. And then I realized who it was.

Katniss.

I lift my head up and have the biggest smile on my face.
"Katniss! Your awake!" I scream. I run over to her, hug her and kiss her. I'm so happy that she is awake.

It's a been a week since Katniss woke up. She is able to leave the hospital in 2 more days. She wants to leave more than anything. I feel so bad for her. She still has pain on her side and her face. I have spent every single day with her in the hospital. I haven't left other than to take a shower and eat. She hates it when I leave. We tried to find gale to report him to the police, but he is nowhere to be found. I don't want him near Katniss ever again.

Katniss' POV:

I finally get to leave the hospital. All I remember was being beaten by gale, telling Peeta I love him, and then waking up a week later. I feel so bad for Peeta. He was so worried about me. Apparently, the doctors were going to take me off my life support if I didn't wake up within 24 hours. I'm so happy I lived. It would kill Peeta if I died. Anyways, we checked out of the hospital and I'm now on my way home. Peeta decided to drive me home. He wants to stay over my house to make sure I stay safe.
"You don't have to stay over, I'll be ok." I say grabbing his hand in mine in the car.
"I just want to make sure gale doesn't hurt you again." He explains.
"Gale is nowhere to be seen. I don't think I'm gonna get hurt." I say.
"Katniss, you don't know where gale is. He could be inside your house." Peeta says starting to shake. We get out of the car since were at my house. I grab his face with my hands.
"Peeta. I will be ok. I'm not gonna get hurt again. If you want to stay an extra night, I'm totally fine with that." I say kissing him.
"I want to stay. Just one night." He says. He grabs his stuff from his car and brings it to my room. I lay down on my bed. He looks at me after changing into his pajamas. He walks over a lays down next to me. He raps me in his arms. I never realized how comforting and safe It feels to be rapped up in Peeta's arms. I love him so much. I look at him In the eyes.
"I love you Peeta." I say.
"I love you to Katniss." He says, kissing me making me feel warm inside. We pull away, and I may my head on Peeta's chest. Then sleep overcomes me . And I fall asleep on Peeta. But I didnt realize I would have a nightmare.

-------------nightmare------------

I walk outside because I hear a bloody curdling scream. It sounded a lot like.....
Oh my god.

Prim.

I keep hearing the scream and follow it until I reach the meadow. I get closer and closer to the scream and then I realize it was just a jabberjay. I grab my bow and arrow and shoot it. But then I hear the same scream again. Realizing this time....

It's real.

I keep running to the scream and then I hear another scream.

Finnick.

Then I hear Annie, then Johanna, and Cato, clove, marvel and glimmer. But then the one that got to me the most, is the one that sounded like my favorite person on this entire world.

Peeta.

I keep running to the screams, tears streaming down my face. And then the screams stop. And then I come up to the scene. My sister, my friends, my boyfriend, are now all of the ground dead with a hole in their heads. I threw up when I saw this. Then I saw a note.

"Katniss!"

The note read:

Dear Katniss,
You decided that being my girlfriend was a bad idea. So you dumped me. I then decided to show up at your birthday party because I missed you and thought I could get you back. But no. So I beat you. Then you called the police on me, they then found me, put me In jail, and then sooner or later.... I escaped. So I decided to get alone revenge. Hope you enjoy it.

Your friend,
Gale.

"Katniss!"

Everyone's dead. I can't live without prim, my friends, Peeta. Oh my god, Peeta. I run up to him, crying my eyes out.
"Peeta please no you cant leave me. Please Peeta, wake up!" I scream.

"Katniss! Wake up!" I'm woken up before my dream could end. Peeta has tears in his eyes, and I'm breathing heavily.
"Oh Peeta! I'm so sorry! I have a nightmare and you died, and-" I'm cut off by his lips.
"I'm alive. Don't worry." He says.
"Peeta?" I ask.
"Yeah?" He says back.
"Do you promise to always stay with me?" I ask.
"Always." He replies.

We fall back to sleep, and the rest of the night was nightmare free.

-------------------------------------
Hey guys! Sorry the this chapter came out a little late. I have been really busy lately. Anyways I have an awesome plan for the next two chapters. I hope you guys enjoy it. And OMG GUYS THANKS AGAIN FOR 150 READS! THAS HUGE! You guys are awesome! Any ideas, comment them, and if I use your idea, I will be sure to give you credit. That's again guys. You rock!❤️❤️