Chapter 8: Questions and disater

Faith and I have been hanging out with each other for a month now. The group has been trying to get me back for a while. Peeta seems really upset and he threw threw Paris out of the group. I love Peeta a lot, but he doesn't love me back. I talk to the girls a lot though. Faith, Annie, clove, glimmer, Johanna and I hang out as a group and faith actually likes them now. Finnick hung out with us one time but I haven't seen Cato and marvel and Peeta other than in school. I walked to my locker and faiths in 3 lockers down from mine. We are talking while getting our stuff and someone taps on my shoulder.
"Katniss?" He asks.

Peeta.

"Oh hi." I say.
"Can we talk?" He asks.
"Sure, I guess" I say. "I'll meet you in class faith." I say.
"Ok!" She says walking away.
"What's up?" I ask him.
"I have been suffering for a whole month without you in my life. Katniss I love you and you need to know that." He explains.
"Peeta, I don't have time for this. I got to go." I say starting to walk away.
He grabs my hand and spins me around making me look right into his beautiful blue eyes.
"I love you, and always will love you, Katniss Everdeen." He says.
"I don't know Peeta. I love you too. But you and Delly kissed, you acted like you liked Paris. We broke up. I don't know what I should say." I explain.
"Say you love me, cuz I know you do." He smiles, making me smile. He then grabs my face with his hands and his lips crash into mine. I knew I loved him then.
"I love you Peeta." I say, then crashing my lips into his again.
"I love you too Katniss. So much." He says smiling. We walk hand in hand to class meeting up with faith.
"I told Peeta to meet with you." Faith says, smiling and walking away before I could speak. I owe her a big thanks. She got me and Peeta back together. And I'm back to being the happiest person on this world again.

It's been a month of me and Peeta being back together, but he is still showing distance between us. It's like he loves me but just doesn't want to be near me. I don't want to break up with him again, but if he keeps doing this I'm gonna have to. I decided to talk to him.

"Peeta?" I ask when I reached his locker.
"Hey Katniss! What's up?" He asks hugging me.
"Can we talk?" I ask.
"Sure." He said scared.
We walk outside the school and I talk to him.
"Peeta, you act as if you don't want to be near me. You say you love me, but your never talking to me in person, just texting. What's going on?" U ask.
"Ummmm....... Well I......... I got to go." He says running away. What the heck just happened? Is he cheating on me again?! When is this pain going to end. I go to faith and Annie and ask if I could talk to them alone.
"Guys, I tried talking to Peeta because he never talks to me, and he said he had to go and then ran away! Do you think he is cheating on me? Again?!?" I ask them.
"I don't think so. I......uh, I can't really talk right now. I got to go." Says faith dragging Annie away. Now faith? Something's up, and in getting to the bottom of it.

I asked Finnick, Clove, Glimmer, Cato and Marvel if they knew anything about faith and Peeta not wanting to talk to me. They all acted strange, said they had to go and ran away. What the heck is going on! My birthday is in 3 days and no one wants to be around me. Of course, another lonely birthday.

----------skips to birthday-----------

I got a text from Annie saying that I should meet her at the meadow. I don't know why, but I guess I have to go. At school today nobody wished me a happy birthday except for Faith, Annie and some random people. Peeta didn't wish me a happy birthday. Why him? I walked to the meadow and say Annie standing in front of a tree. Once she saw me, she ran over to me, wished me another happy birthday and then she blind folded me. I have no idea what the heck is going on. We walk for like 10 minutes with her guiding my way.
"Now turn left and walk up the three steps. Be careful, I'm right behind you." She says.
"Ok." I say back. Were at someone's house. Probably Finnick's. When she opens the door, we walk inside and she takes off the blind fold. I can't see a thing everything is dark. Then I go to turn on the lights and once they're on, everyone jumps up and screams 'SURPRISE'. I never expected this. The whole group was here, even Peeta. He walks up to me.
"This is why u have been avoiding you. I didn't want to slip and say something that would ruin the surprise." He explains. I start to cry tears of joy. We have dinner and eat cake and then we just sit around and talk. I sit on Peeta's lap. Then someone knocked on the door. I go to answer it. And I couldn't help but remember the terrifying face. Mg ex-boyfriend who thought it was ok to abuse me. And if was non other than...

Gale.

"He catnip! Can I come in?" He asks.
"Gale? No you can't come in. Go away." I say pushing him.
"Oh your gonna regret doing what you just did." He said, punching me in the face, and kicking me in the side. I feel like I broke a rib.
"PEETA HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE!" I scream while being beaten up. Peeta comes running In a sees gale at the door laughing and leaving. I'm trying to stand up but it hurts too much.
"Katniss!" Peeta screams. I cough, and try to sit up, but it was too painful. Gale then leaves.
"Ow, peeta I can't move. It hurts so much." I say trying to open my eye.
"Katniss, oh my god I'm so sorry." He hasn't seen my face yet. I can't even see.
"Bring over an ice pack for her side." Peeta tells Finnick.
"I'm gonna need more than one ice pack." I manage to say.
"For what?" Peeta asks sympathetically. I pick up my head from my hands and show him my face.
"Oh my god Katniss! You eye! It's swollen shut! Get another ice pack!" Screams Peeta. I feel so bad for Peeta, he is so worried. I start to get a really bad headache and start to get really dizzy. I mange to say "Peeta. I love you." Before my whole world goes black.

Peeta's POV:

Gale hurt Katniss really bad. I yelled for Finnick to grab her an ice pack and she said she needed two.
"I think I'm gonna need more than one ice pack." She says.
"For what?" I ask. She lifts her head from her hands and her cheek is swollen and her eyes is swollen shut. I am in shock. I tell for Finnick to get her another ice pack, but before Finnick got there, she grabs my hand. I tie around and she is starring straight into my eyes.
"Peeta. I love you." She manages to say, before she passes out.
"No, Katniss stay awake! Don't go unconscious, stay awake!" I scream.
"Get her to the hospital now!" Screamed Annie. I pick her up bridal style in my arms and run as fast as I can to the car. I lay her on my lap in the back seat, and we rush to the hospital. Once we get there, I scream for a doctor.
"Someone please help! My girlfriend got beaten up and then she passed out. Please help!" I scream.
"Ok, bring her over here, quick!" Yells a doctor. I lay her on a stretcher and they rush her to a room. I start to break down In tears.
"Don't worry. She will be ok." Faith says comforting me.

We waiting for an about 3 hours until a doctor finally came out.
"Anyone here for mrs. Everdeen?" The doctor asks.
"Uh, yes. I'm her boyfriend." I explain.
"Ok well we need to talk to you." The doctor said.
"by the way, I'm doctor Madens." He says while we sit down.
"I'm Peeta." We Shane hands.
"Listen, I have some good and bad news." Dr. Madens said. I start to shake.
"Katniss didn't have a good enough injury that could kill her. But it did result in some bad head damage which...." Dr. Madens said trailing off.
"What is it?" I ask.

"Peeta, Katniss is in a coma."

That's when I realized. I can't live without my Katniss. She has to live.

I need her.

And I love her.