Chapter 7: new girl

Katniss' POV:

Peeta and I are back together. I'm still upset about what happened but I want to give him a second chance.

Today is the last day of school until Christmas break. And there is this new girl. I'm not sure what her name is, but she seams a lot like Delly. Greaaaat.

I was walking in the hallway and she runs into me. I was walking with Peeta.
"Oops." She giggles. "My bad." She says in a rude way and walks away.
"Geez, what was her problem?" Asked Peeta.
"Just another Delly we have to handle." I say rolling my eyes.

At lunch, the new girl walks over to our table.
"Hi! I'm Paris!" She says.
"Hi." We all say.
"I have no where else to sit, mind if I sit here?" She asks.
"Nope." Peeta says.
Of course! I know Peeta likes her. It's obvious cuz he moves over for her to sit next to him. He turns his head at me, and I give him a glare. I get up and walk out. As I turn the corner in the hall. I run into another girl. I have seen get around, just never talked to her.
"Oops! I'm so sorry! Here." She says picking up my books.
"No don't worry about it. It's totally fine." I say back.
"I'm Faith. What's your name?" Faith asks.
"Katniss. Katniss Everdeen." I say.
"Nice to meet you Katniss." She says.
"So, I kind of have no where to sit at lunch, can I sit with you?" She asks.
"Of course! But the only problem is, there isn't enough room, so I will introduce you to my friends and then we can sit outside." I explain.
"Awesome!" She says.
We walk over to the lunch room, and of course Paris is sitting next to Peeta laughing with him.
"Hey guys. I have someone here I would like you guys to meet. This is Faith. She is gonna sit with us a lunch. But today were gonna sit outside, cuz it looks like there is no room for us." I say, glaring at Peeta.
"Hi faith!" They all say except Peeta.
"Were gonna eat outside today. Bye." I say giving Peeta a look. He knows I'm mad. Me and Faith talked a bit and we got to know each other.
"Who was that cute blonde guy with blue eyes?" Asked Faith with a smile in her face.
"That's Peeta. By boyfriend, but probably soon to be ex boyfriend because it looks like he likes that Paris girl. Instead of sitting with them at lunch, do you just want to sit at our own table? Get about from my friends for a bit?" I explain.
"Sure!" She says.

For the next two weeks, after break, I have been eating lunch with Faith and spending a lot of time with her. We act like we are sisters. We are going to the mall today together. We wanted to check out some winter clothes since it's January. We went to the mall and the first place we stopped at was, of course, Starbucks. After that we went to holister. I got a pink and blue sweatshirt and some long sleeved shirts. Faith and I were joking around and pointing out how awesome this mall is. We had Starbucks in our hands and we just walked, talked and laughed the whole time. Until we saw the group. With Peeta and Paris. Peeta looked like he didn't want to be next to her. Faith didn't really like them, she felt like they were leaving me out. She seriously is like my sister. As soon as we saw them, our smiles turned to mad faces. We looked and them, and they looked at us. But we tried to ignore them by walking faster and laughing a little when we did.
"Katniss?" Asked Finnick.
"Yes?" I replyed.
"We texted you asking if you wanted to go to the mall with us, but you never replyed. And now your here." Says Finnick.
"Well, you guys seem to be loving Paris, so I wanted to spend time with Faith. Were practically sisters! It's so wicked!" I explain while me and faith giggled.
"Well, we were wondering if you guys wanted to hang with us?" Asked Annie.
"Umm, that's ok. I want to hang with faith today." I explain. Annie looked hurt. She is my best friend, but I mean, the group, including her, have been discarding me for Paris. And Peeta also looked hurt. I don't exactly want to talk to him right now.
"Oh ok." Annie says upset. I look at Peeta and he has guilt in his eyes.
"Katni-" I cut him off.
"I'm sorry Peeta, I have to go." I say locking arms with Faith and acting as best friends should act. I turn my head and see Peeta looking at me. I know he is upset. I love Peeta. With all my heart. But he doesn't show that he loves me back.

Were still in the mall, and we passed the group a few times. When we were in the food court, I got a text. And it's from Peeta.

Peeta: hey.
Me: I'm sorry, I can't talk right now. I gtg.
Peeta: Katniss...
Me: what?
Peeta: I'm sorry.
Me: Peeta, you wanted me back terriably bad when Delly kissed you. I loved you. But you obviously don't love me back. And until you can show that you love me back, then maybe I'll be with you again, but right now, I don't really want part in this relationship. I gtg. Bye.

*Katniss has left the conversation.*

I think I just broke up with Peeta. Faith comforts me.

Faith's POV:

I feel really bad for Katniss. She is really upset that her and Peeta broke up. He wasn't showing her the love that he showed her when they first dated. I really like Katniss. As a friend of course. She is really sweet and nice, and it always by my side. We are like sisters. And I'm so happy were good friends. Poor Katniss. She deserves better than this.

Peeta's POV:

Katniss broke up with me. My jaw dropped down to the floor.
"Bro? You ok?" Asked Finnick.
"Katniss... She.." I couldn't finish my sentence.
"She's not dead right?" Annie asked.
"No, she.... Dumped me." I say still shocked with what happened.
"That's it, we need to talk." Annie says.
Annie finds her in the food court, laughing with faith. I go with her.
Katniss looks over at us walking over and whispers something to faith and then they start running. We start to run after. He finally caught up with then because they were laughing too hard and couldn't breathe.
"Katniss!" Annie yells at Katniss.
What has gotten into you? You likes us at one point and now you ignore us?" Annie questions.
"Nothing's wrong, I just want to spend some time with my friend." I explain.
"Well your doing that a lot lately and haven't been spending time with us." Annie says with anger in her voice. I take a step closer.
"You wanna know why? Ever since Paris joined our group, you guys were all over her. And Peeta, the reason why I broke up with you, was because I was still quite upset about what happened with Delly, and you didn't bother texting me, asking me where I was when I didn't sit with you at lunch, or hung out with faith instead of you guys. You were all over Paris. So it was either break up with you, or suffer. And I chose break up because I have an awesome best friend who could help me threw it." I say smiling at faith.
"And I want to be with just faith for a bit." I explain. I hug Annie. She hugs back.
"Don't worry. Were still best friends. I'll see you soon." I say while walking away.

My life changed dramatically. And I'm kind of liking the outcome.

------------------------------------
Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I was really busy with school work. The story is a bit depressing, but so don't worry. It will get SOOO much better! I'll try to update tomorrow. If you have any ideas, please leave them In the comments, and if I use your idea, I will give you credit. Love ya guys! Adios! ❤️❤️