Selena The Series

Hey Readers! This television show follows the life of Selena Quintanilla-Perez starting from when she was just a child with a big dream and singing at her parents restaurant with her band Y Los Dinos (I hope I spelled that right or even got it correct). It slowly progressed to her teen years and everything she had to sacrifice with her family to get to the fame they had. Once she was an adult, she had more dreams she wanted to accomplish besides her singing career. The Tejano singer eventually met Yolanda who had become her friend but was instead major sketchy. But the person was her downfall because she needed her stuff back for taxes.

I give this show a 8/10. I loved how detailed they were when it came to casting. The actress looked identical to Selena that it was hard to tell original footage from the fake. Just to let everyone know it is a two part series, but the music is awesome to listen to. It was also very interesting to see the details of her life and how it went especially the reason why she was killed. It was always a mystery to me of why someone would kill their "best friend". I also liked the foreshadowing they had for the show when Yolanda first showed up. Anyway, this two part series is available only on Netflix. I hope you decide to watch this at some point for I guarantee, you won't regret it!