The Little Mermaid (2023)

Synopsis: A sixteen year old mermaid who lives under the sea has an obsession with the human world. She comes across a human prince that was on a burning ship and falls in love with him. The little mermaid finds a way to become human to be part of his world with the support from her friends.

I will give this film a 5/10. Now originally, I was not going to watch this film due to all the woke culture that has been going on. And honestly, I prefer the iconic Ariel with the bright red hair, and well... white. I'm not racist by any means, that is just my preference. I don't care for how the tail looks with the multilayer fins, but I thought the coloring between green and purple with the gloss was very beautiful. What I did like however was the way the actress sang and had many expressions; she's a good singer and actress. Eric, I thought, was spot on. I loved the Scuttlebutt song! I did not care for lyric change in "Kiss The Girl" for I didn't think there was a need for it. But honestly, Disney needs to stop with the so-called remakes. Don't fix what's not broken. 

Author's Note: I know what I said is quite common and there are multiple opinions on this film. If you choose to comment, please keep it friendly. Debates are welcome, but don't get too angry when someone doesn't share your opinion.