17

Audrey had been following Percy around, trying to be as discreet as possible but she had no leads. She had been trying to follow him around anywhere he went, but she couldn't possibly enter his home.

It had too many charms on it, he was definitely protecting himself. Or at least trying. She saw how he tensed near the minister. He had seen her many times, peripheral vision, but he never said a word. Was he trying to protect her or trying to make sure that she saved him?

After a few weeks of looking around, Audrey decided to visit Oliver Wood, Percy's best friend. She had specifically bought tickets to puddlemere vs Harpies to meet him. He didn't play this time but she had managed to slip past security and into their tent.

"Oliver!" All the players turned to her and she stood there awkwardly.

A few seconds of silence later, Oliver emerged from behind the celebrating players. He frowned, obviously not knowing who she was.

"Do I know you?" he asked.

"Can we talk somewhere alone," she paused, "Please"

"Sure" Oliver was confused but walked out with her. The crowd had died down so it was not too much of a problem. They went and sat down at the stands.

"I am Audrey-"

"Wait you're the Audrey? Percy's friend?" He asked.

Friend. "Yes, and I need your help" Audrey got straight to the point, "Have you met with Percy in the past few weeks? or months even?"

"A few times, but he's pretty busy and so am I" Oliver said.

"I think something is wrong with Percy" Audrey took a deep breath, "He's been acting weird, his home is full of protective charms, he is always at work or at home, he barely talks to me anymore, and he looks overall weird" she said.

"He does get snappy when he's stressed" Oliver told her.

"No, this is different" Audrey told him, "I need you to meet with him, notice his behavior" she said in a serious tone, "I won't come to you if I could handle it myself, which I can most of the time. Your best friend is in danger"

"I-Okay, I'll owl him and call him over"

"No!" she said, "I need you to go to his house, see inside, see if something looks wrong"

"Tomorrow"

"And keep me updated" Audrey said, "Write your address down so I can hunt you down"

The next day, Audrey was at Oliver's door, before he himself had reached home. He apparated at the door to see her sitting at the staircase. She immediately stood up and Oliver opened his door. She wordlessly walked in and waited for him to start talking.

Oliver sighed, "He was being weird, but not more than usual" he said, "He's been working himself up about the ministry and he's busy all the time. He just needs a break. I've seen Percy worse than this, he completely isolated himself during the OWLs because he wanted to study"

"I'm telling you, he isn't okay! I've been following him around-"

"You've been what!? Look, I don't know you that well, and I'm not really sure if I trust you with this, but I'll go meet him every single day and keep an eye on him, make sure he's fine"

Audrey sighed, "Okay" was she just being paranoid?

She turned around to leave and an Owl flew into the house. Audrey ducked slightly to avoid crashing with it, "The paper? this late in the evening?" Audrey muttered and turned around to see what it was.