4

Strangers are friends you haven't met yet
•----------••✦ 𝓟𝓦 ✦••----------•

Percy Weasley had never seen Barty Crouch Senior happy, ever. He was always this grumpy old man but this day was different, he was smiling?
"Weasley!" Crouch called him out. Percy smiled, he remembered his name! That was a big progress.
"Sir?" Percy walked up to him.
"You're going to the cup with me! The location was changed and minister was very happy all thanks to you!"
Percy grinned, his face lit up and he couldn't have been more excited.

Percy turned around to leave and sit on his desk when something came over him, "sir, what about Audrey from third floor?"
"What about her?"
"You promised her three tickets"
Crouch sighed, "Very well, they will be sent to her"
"Thank you sir!"

Percy sat at in the cafeteria during lunch that day pretty happy with himself. Barty Crouch had called him Weasley thrice that day and that was enough to make him happy.

He knew that his bar was very low and this was the least to expect from his boss but honestly Percy couldn't expect much from Crouch.

He took his sandwich and happily took a bite. Nothing could bring Percy down, his parents would be so happy that he was making progress.

"You look rather happy, Weaselby, was it?" Percy looked up from his plate only to see Audrey smiling at him. She pulled the chair towards her and sat down on it.
"Weasley" He rolled his eyes, "And yes I am, I'm going to the Quidditch world cup with Crouch"
"A date! How cute" She joked.
"Not a date! As his assistant" Percy told her frantically and made a face.
"Working on a fun day too?" Audrey Tsked.
"Well If I want to become minister one day, I have to work my way up"
"Ambitious" Audrey noted. There was a short silence between the two where Percy wondered why she sat down with him and Audrey wondered what else to say. Her aim was to make a few friends around work to make it more livable and Percy was perfect for that.

"You got your tickets right?" Percy finally asked.
"I sure did!" Audrey reached into her pocket and pulled out three tickets to the Quidditch world cup.
"Who are you going to take with you? A boyfriend?" Percy wasn't sure why he asked, he was just curious.
"No, just my best friends"
"That's good," The conversation came to an awkward silence yet again. Percy stood up from his seat and took this opportunity to escape back to work, "well I'll see you around"
"See you at the match?" Audrey asked. There was no way she'd see him there. Thousands of people were going to be there and it wasn't going to be easy.
"If you manage to find me" Percy gave her a small smile before leaving the table.

Percy had been going on and on about the world cup to his family, and despite some of their sour faces, he was actually very happy for once. He had owled his friends about it and some of them were going too. Oliver Wood had not shut up about it either which made their writings to each other more and more frequent.

Molly and Arthur couldn't be more happy for their son. He was doing well for himself and they were proud. Everything was going well for Percy and he wouldn't have it any other way.

He sat in the cafeteria the next day and to his surprise Audrey sat next to him, "So, what's your deal?" she asked, sitting down next to him.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"Well, who are you Percy Weasley?" Audrey was trying to make friends and this was the only way she knew how to.
Percy raised a brow but answered her anyways, "Well, I am Percy, I work at the ministry, I was prefect and head boy in Hogwarts" He shrugged.
"That's not you, that's what you've done in life, If we're going to be friends I should know things like your favorite colour or your most embarassing moment. What you like to eat and things like that" Audrey explained and Percy looked at her in mild shock, "We're friends?"
"Early stages, but yes. I mean we eat lunch together"
"Technically today is the second day"
"Look we are at the bottom of this food chain and we need to stick together, are you in or out?"
"I'm in"