3.

You glow different when you're actually happy

•----------••✦ 𝓟𝓦 ✦••----------•

Percy Weasley sat in his chair looking through the endless amount of papers he was to go through at work. His very new job was tiring. The boy had done extremely well in his NEWTs and landed a job at the ministry. The Weasley parents were very happy for him but only a few weeks later, that excitement went down for Percy. He was overworking to make his mark and it wasn't helping much.

Percy worked as a junior assistant to Barty Crouch Sr. in the Department of International Magical Cooperation. It was a division of the ministry which tried to get  from different countries to work together. This year was rather busy with the Quidditch world cup.

His day was going rather slow and he felt like he was going to doze off. He wanted to go home but his problematic siblings would never let him work there. He had to finish his work here and go home a little later than usual.

Audrey Haynes sat at her table looking through the endless amount of papers she was to go through at work. Her very new job was lonely. The girl had thankfully passed her NEWTs, something she didn't expect, and landed a job at the ministry. Her parents were very proud of her but only a few weeks later, that excitement died down for Adrey. She was overworking, trying to make a place for her, helping others do their work but it wasn't helping much.

Audrey worked as an assistant to Owen Miller in the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes. It was responsible for repairing accidental magical damage. Every year for them was busy because there were a lot of wizards and witches who slipped up or were seen.

Her day felt like it was never going to end and Audrey was almost a sleep. She wanted to home but even her own home seemed like a catstrophe at this point, it was a complete mess and she had no energy to clean up. She would have to finish her work here and go home a little later that usual.

Percy watched as everyone left one by one, going home with their work all 'done'. Being the lowest in the hierarchy, Percy was left to complete other people's work too. The only person who hadn't left was Barty Crouch, still sitting in his office, probably a sleep.

Audrey was organizing her files by order of year when she came across one from four years ago, it was rather thick and heavy. How could one year have so many slip ups from wizards? Out of curiosity she took it out and flipped it open, these weren't mess ups from one year, most of them were from the same day.

Percy felt himself zone out again but was too tired to zone back in. There was a sudden bang on his table that startled him, snapping him out of his daze.

"I need to see Mr. Crouch" A girl with long brown hair told him, she was demanding rather than asking. 

"What is it about and who are you?" Percy asked. Her hands fell to the table with a thud as she leaned forward.|

"Audrey Haynes, department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes third floor, Assistant to the head of the department and I need to meed Crouch"

"What is it about?"

"Its about the world cup"

Percy sighed and told her to wait. Turning on his heels, the boy disappeared into the door behind him.

"Excuse me, sir"

"Yes.." Crouch looked up from his newspaper and frowned.

"Weasley, sir" Percy prompted.

"Ah yes- what do you want?"

"Um..Some girl from the department of magical accidents wants to meet you" Barty crouch moved his gaze to the clock on one of his walls and sighed in frustration, "it's well past working hours. Tell her to leave"

"She said it was important"

"Ask what it is and if it's important enough then I'll think about it."

Audrey stood there looking through the files while the redhead was inside. She was completely baffled by their stupidity and she had to take a stand for it.

Her eyes flickered to the table before her. There was a small and shiny triangular name plate on it, Percy Weasley, she had heard that name before, but where?

"He says you have to run it past me first" Percy walked out of the room. Audrey sighed and moved to the other side of the table and sat down on Percy's chair. He gave her a disapproving look but it didn't matter to her.

"This is a record of all the mishaps from four years ago," she flipped pages through the file, "and this is from August 26, four years ago" Percy looked more confused than ever. Audrey sighed, "the quidditch World Cup led to over 200 mishaps! Over 200! And this was outside the country! This year it's happening in here and we can't afford to obliviate every person who accidentally touches a portkey or sees a wizard use one" She was stern and stubborn about her views and Percy knew she was right.

He pursed his lips and nodded.

"Mr. Crouch- sir" He opened the door, "this is really important" Percy told him.

After much persuasion, Percy and Audrey sat down before a very annoyed Barty Crouch Sr, "we need to change the venue of the cup. The one you have used now is very very muggle prone. I've gone through some other files and as were remember, 2 cups ago, this was the same venue"

"We can't just change it!"

"Why not? You're magical! You can easily change it on the tickets, and I also suggest that the portkey be placed within a certain radius so the muggles can't get to it before you" Audrey added.

"You both are new, you don't know anything" Crouch told them and Audrey was ready to blow.
"You're right sir" Percy said and Audrey's head snapped to Percy with a look of disappointment in her eyes. Percy looked at her and sighed, "but she's not wrong. The less the muggles, the better you look in front of the minister. He will be so happy to see you take initiative. It will bring you a step closer to becoming minister yourself" Audrey was too quick to judge Percy. He knew the difference between right and wrong.

The redhead kept adding more praises towards crouch and used every persuasion technique he could.

"You can even take all the credit. I don't want it" Audrey told him and it confused Percy a little. Why wouldn't she want credit? Surely she would like to be praised for the thing she did right?

"What do you want in return?" Barty asked her with squinted eyes.

"Nothing.." Audrey paused for a second, "Actually, I would like 3 tickets to the cup but I'll pay for it. I know you get extra tickets for such things sir and I haven't been able to get a hold of them"

"Very well, you will get the tickets if the minister is willing to do it"

"Thank you so much"

Audrey was beyond happy as she walked out of that office. Her smile couldn't be wiped off by anyone.
"Thanks you so much, uh-"

"Percy, you can call me Percy"

"Thank you Percy. I'll see you around" She turned around and started to leave but then stopped and turned back on her heels, "where have I heard your name before?" She asked him curiously.
Percy raised his brow in confusion, "Your name is just so familiar" she added. 

Percy wasn't sure what to say. Yes my brother is a dragon tamer who almost burned the school one time, yes I know Harry Potter, yes the 'funny' red head twins are my brothers. 

Audrey's eyes lit up as she realized who he was and Percy's face only became paler by the second, "You're Percy Weasley! of course! You were head boy in my year!" and suddenly every color that had left his body before came back in a more vibrant shade. 

"Yes, yes I was" He collected himself.

"I don't know how you did it! I honestly could never keep such a power, I would totally abuse it" Audrey smiled and Percy chuckled with a nod, "Well, I will see you around Head boy"

"I-yeah- thank you" The boy was at loss of words. 

He felt so happy, that all his hard work had payed off, that someone saw him something other than a Weasley, someone saw him as Percy, the one he always wanted to be. Percy felt like he had accomplished a small goal he didn't know he had. She knew him not for the people around him but for the person he was. 

"Maybe I will see you around"

•----------••✦𝓐 𝓗 ✦••----------•

A/N
Thank you so much for reading this book. 
Aisla Wrenn Xx