19

Audrey was beyond worried. If Voldemort was back and trying to take over the ministry, all of them were at at risk, everyone who wasn't pureblood, people like her.

Her parents had left the country, fled, during the first war. They had to hide, they had to save themselves. Her mother had left the wizarding world for their family's safety and she had lived among muggles. She didn't have any friends who were magic and she didn't associate much with any magic folk from Hogwarts (ones that were still alive). When Audrey was born, she had learned to reconnect with the wizarding world, for her daughter's comfort.
Now, they would have to go into hiding again, they would have to leave, run, save themselves.

Audrey knew Scrimgeour enough to know that he would fight off the death eaters, but she also knew how the ministry was infiltered with "ex" death eaters.

Percy was safe in St. Mungo's and he was going to stay there another few days, and each day Audrey feared for her life more. Headlines from news articles and gossip from the ministry had taken over her mind.

Wandmaker Garrick Ollivander gone missing

Florean Fortescue, owner of the well known ice cream shop, no where to be found

Head of Magical Law Enforcement, Amelia Bones, Killed.

Brockdale Bridge destroyed, thousands of muggles killed.

Fear. Something Percy had never seen in Audrey's eyes before. Pure fear of a war looming over their heads ready to unleash at any point.  Yet, throughout Percy's recovery at St. Mungo's, Audrey said nothing about anything. She tried her best not to show him how she was feeling, but Percy could see the little things.

When Iris cleared Percy to go home, Audrey insisted he go into hiding.
"Don't worry about me, I'll stay with Oliver"

"Oliver lives right in the middle of a wizarding community. There are too many wizard folk living there, that's risky, for him and for you" Audrey told him. She wasn't wrong.

Percy was a pureblood which provided him some security, but the ministry wanted answers from him. The Weasley family was famous among Death eaters, not in a good way, he had to be careful.

"We'll be careful Audrey, I know you're worried, but we will meet won't we?" Audrey only pursed her lips and nodded. Percy pulled her into a hug and Audrey felt tears prick her eyes, she had missed him, even though she didn't admit much of it earlier.

He kissed her forehead and said, "I'll definitely come to you if something happens," He then chuckled, "I kinda have to trust you with my life now"

Audrey let out a small laugh, "I'm not sure I'm too happy about it, considering that you have the government trying to get to you"

"I don't think Scrimgeour will come after me. Death eaters? If they recognize me" Percy said.

Audrey went to her parents house, she wasn't going to risk leaving them alone or staying alone herself. Her heartbeat increased with every minute and her voice became shakier as she read out the news to her mother.

After explaining everything that was going on, her mother immediately jumped up, "we should get out of here then!"

"Mum! We're not going to run away from here" Audrey said, "we have our people here"

"Audrey you don't understand! This war-the last time-"

"Last time you left too!"

"Last time I lost most of my family to this magical world! I don't want it anymore" Her mother was stern. "Your father can't do magic! He's not going to risk his life because of us!"