Throwing

Niall felt a bit off when he woke up the next morning. His head hurt and his stomach was bothering him also he noticed that he had wet his nappy at some point in the night and it was rather uncomfortable. He sat up and rubbed his eyes noticing two things: 1) that the bus was moving meaning that they were traveling and 2) he was tired and wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep. Debating his options Niall sat for a moment checking to see if he could tolerate his wet nappy enough to go back to sleep – it didn’t work. His rash with his souled nappy just didn’t go together. Sighing he sat back planning to wait until either someone came to get him or he was so tired he fell asleep despite his discomfort.

Liam heard rustling on the baby monitor followed by a slight sigh. Knowing that his baby was up he hurried up the stairs. Liam had realized yesterday that he was making good progress with Niall however the lad would only speak when they were alone. Liam had planned on talking to the others about it after he’d put Niall to bed last night only to find them passed out in the T.V. room. Liam had let them alone knowing they’d have plenty of time to talk over the next four days while they were all stuck on the bus traveling to their next location.

“Morning baby” Liam greeted happily as he lifted Niall out of his cot, “Your nappy wet love?” he asked while simultaneously slipping his hand down to check.

“Yes” Niall answered dejectedly. Despite the fact that he had come to terms with the idea that he had to use the nappy he was still embarrassed by it.

Liam was elated at having received a verbal response from Niall right off. It was a good sign that Niall was talking to him still granted it was only a word at a time but it was a major improvement in Liam’s opinion.

“Well let’s get you changed then shall we” Liam said as he grabbed a onesie and a pair of shorts overalls from the suitcase and carried Niall into the bathroom.

Niall didn’t quite care for all of this moving around; it wasn’t helping his stomach any. He had to admit though that a fresh nappy felt so much better and his rash seemed to be healing nicely as well. Still he felt as though he would throw up as he was strapped into the highchair and a plate of fruit and bowl of oatmeal was placed on the tray in front of him along with a bottle or orange juice.

Niall wasn’t trying to be difficult but no matter what he knew that he wouldn’t be able to stomach even a bite of the food so he merely pushed it away.

“Niall you need to eat” Harry said pushing the plate back in front of Niall. Harry was really growing tired of the boy refusing to eat at every meal. Still Liam was right and it was their fault so he was trying to keep calm.

Niall knew that it would be easier to simply tell the boys why he didn’t want to eat but he was mad at them. He was mad at them for forcing him into age play, he was mad at them for taking away his independence, he was mad at them for ignoring him for almost seven weeks. But the thing that angered him more than all of that was the fact that they were now sitting here pretending that they truly gave a dam about his well-being, acting as though the past month and a half had never happened as though everything was perfect and it was he who was being unreasonable.

Knowing that the boys would be mad at him, knowing that he’d get in trouble but just too angry to care Niall picked up his plate and threw it across the kitchen and then set his head against his arms on the tray.

All the boys sat still, shocked at what Niall had just done. They’d never seen him act out like that not even at the start of all this had Niall done something so… destructive, for lack of a better word.

It was Louis who came to first. He knew that he had been neglecting Niall and that he had a lot to make up for but that did not make Niall’s behavior all right. If Niall had done this at home he would have been spanked so that is exactly what Louis intended to do.