Talking to Simon

Niall huffed in defeat as he sat back against the side of the playpen. He had been trying to get out for the past five minutes only to learn that there really was no way. The harness that Liam had forced him into was attached to the bottom left corner by a leash. The bottom left corner was placed against the corner of the room so he couldn’t climb over that way. The leash was long enough that he could reach all areas of the playpen from the bottom of it but if he stood up he couldn’t quite make it to the far corner thus no climbing over. He couldn’t get the leash off since it was strapped behind him. He was stuck.

At first Niall turned his attention to the telly however the show Liam had chosen for him was absolutely juvenile. It held no interest for him but it did provide background noise and there was music. Turning his attention else where Niall caught Liam’s eye for a moment from where Liam was in the kitchen – so he wasn’t being ignored, that was… kind of nice.

Looking around the playpen Niall took note of the toys that Liam had placed in there for him. There were about three balls and ten blocks, all of which were soft. With nothing better to do Niall reached over and pulled the items closer.

After settling Niall in the playpen Liam had gone into the kitchen to join the other boys. He had chosen the only seat at the table where he could see all the boys and Niall. Liam knew that Niall was too far away to hear what was being said but that didn’t mean he wanted to loose sight of the lad or let Niall think that Liam had forgotten him – he would never forget his baby ever again.

“So what’s going on with Niall?” Louis asked once Liam was seated.

Zayn sighed, “We’re not entirely sure. His nightmare last night was the worst yet and he refused to discuss it.”

Zayn and Liam filled Louis and Harry in on the events of the morning while they all waited for Paul and Simon to arrive. Zayn had called Paul as soon as they had gotten Niall settled back into his cot after his ‘escape’ that morning. Thirty minutes later Paul had texted saying that he and Simon would be coming over later that day.

“So you think his nightmares are about you two forgetting him again?” Louis asked for clarification once Zayn and Liam were done talking.

“Yeah and it seems that they’ve shook him up so much that he’s back to where we started” Liam said. He took this opportunity to look up at Niall, happy to see the lad playing with his toys with a small smile on his face. It was scenes like this that solidified Liam’s belief that age play really was the best thing for Niall.

A knock at the door interrupted the conversation. Zayn went to let Paul and Simon in while Liam decided to take this time to get Niall a small snack. He’d been making sure that Niall had at least one snack between every meal in order to get more weight on him.

Liam fixed a bottle of strawberry kiwi juice and a small bowl of grapes and banana, placing them on the table as he went to collect his baby boy. Paul had said that Simon wanted to talk to all of the boys meaning that Niall would need to be there.

“Hey baby” Liam smiled down at Niall.

Niall paused in what he was doing to look up at Liam, blushing furiously. He hadn’t meant to anyone catch him playing with these baby toys, he hadn’t meant to really play with them at all. Apparently he’d been so immersed in his game that he’d missed something because Liam was suddenly unstrapping him from his harness.

“Are you wet love?” Liam asked as he picked Niall up, sliding his hand down to check for himself as he asked.

Niall squirmed under Liam’s touch not at all liking it when Liam and Zayn just checked without asking though he knew that they didn’t see it as strange, he did.