Whose Who?

The four of them sat and argued out who was who for the next half hour. Nothing was really decided but they Louis almost pissed himself he was laughing so hard.

All in all it was a draw so Liam being the ever sensible one stood up, “You know what. I know the perfect way to get the answer”

“And how’s that then?” Zayn questioned.

Liam smirked as he started heading towards his bedroom, “I’ll just ask the baby”

“Well if you’re going to use the short cut” Louis grumbled.

“Cheater” Harry called over his shoulder as Liam disappeared into the room.

“I can’t wait for the answer” Zayn said happily.

Liam walked into the bedroom and turned off the music before starting to rub slow circles on Niall’s back. It took a few moments before Niall’s eyes fluttered open.

“No” Niall groaned as he started to turn away.

“Sorry baby” Liam chuckled as he scooped Niall up and checked his nappy, “Let’s get you changed and then we’ll go see the others”

Niall wasn’t happy with being plucked from his nice warm bed but knew that he actually had to get up; they had a concert tonight. Still, why make things easy on Liam.

“Hey, no kicking now” Liam scolded lightly as he grasped Niall’s flailing legs; holding them still as he finished changing his baby and then placed Niall on his hip, “All done” he cooed as he walked out to the sitting room.

“Hey baby, come here” Zayn said opening his arms for his little boy.

Niall snuggled into Zayn contentedly still upset over his argument with Louis and Harry earlier.

“Niall, baby” Harry said softly as he and Louis came to crouch in front of Niall.

Niall turned his head into Zayn’s shoulder wanting nothing to do with the two boys.

Louis was hurt with Niall’s reaction, he truly wished he could fix this with a simple gift or word but things just weren’t that simple, “Oh baby, we’re so sorry”

“Honestly Ni, we never meant to hurt you” Harry added.

Niall still kept his head hidden in Zayn, he didn’t really want to hear their apologies they were meaningless and forced. He was willing to bed Liam and Zayn told them to do this.

“NiNi, why won’t you look at them?” Zayn asked curiously.

Niall did feel the need to answer Zayn; “They don’t care”

“We do care!” Harry said a bit more forcefully than was completely necessary.

Niall scoffed finally turning to look at the two crouching in front of him, “They made you” he sneered.

“No one made us do anything” Louis insisted.

“No one can make us do anything” Harry stated.

Niall just rolled his eyes, “Liam is the one in charge, what he says goes”

“Niall,“ Liam said, waiting to speak again until he had the boy’s full attention, “I promise you I have made them do nothing.”

Niall looked skeptically at Liam. Every promise that Liam had made to him so far he’d kept but those were all little promises. This was a bigger promise, at least in Niall’s opinion, could he trust him with this?

“We haven’t been going about this the right way but we’ve been trying to apologize for a while now” Harry said getting Niall’s attention.