Love

The following morning Niall was the first one up, he rubbed his eyes as he sat upright. He rubbed his eyes as he looked around the room. It was funny, he could remember being so excited when he first saw this place but now; well now Niall didn't really know what to feel about the place. He liked all the art supplies and he did appreciate all the effort that Simon put into making this room as nice as it is but it was for a baby.

Niall wasn't a baby, no matter what the others said or did (he choose at this point to ignore the soiled nappy he was currently wearing). Yes he knew that he had been clingy with Liam and Zayn lately but he just didn't want to be forgotten again, was that so unreasonable? Maybe it was; after all everyone else forgot about him or worse. Maybe being forgotten about was just the best result for him. Maybe the best chance he had was to just forget them instead. Yes that would be the best.

With his mind made up Niall knew what he had to do -leave.

Shifting around as quietly as he could so as not to wake Liam or Zayn Niall ran his hand over something important. Grasping onto the item Niall held his friend close and hugged him before turning Stitch over. After Liam had started locking his cot at night Niall had snuck a pin and hid it in his friend for emergencies. Now was just such an emergency.

After extricating himself from the cot Niall took his only friend and packed a bag before changing and sliding out of the room. It was surprisingly easy to get out of the house - the lack of a security staff was truly mind-boggling after over four years of being constantly guarded. With one last look back at the house Niall and Stitch made their way towards the forests. Niall knew that there would be security at the entrance to their property however there was unlikely to be anyone at the wall in the middle of the forest, that's where he would get out.

Liam woke up around eight fully surprised that he'd been able to sleep so long, typically Niall would have been up long before this and his baby always came before sleep. After getting dressed Liam strode down the hall to get his little boy.

Gently Liam cracked the door to the nursery open, not wanting to disturb Niall if he really was asleep. He about had a heart attack when he saw the cot open and empty.

"ZAYN!"

Zayn jerked awake at the sound of his name being screamed from somewhere on the floor. He didn't know who or why this unnamed person was had decided to waken him so early while they were on break but he planned on finding that person and making them regret it. That was until he heard the next two words.

"NIALL'S MISSING!"

Instantly Zayn found himself up and in the nursery, "Where is he?"

Liam looked at Zayn in disbelief, "If I knew where he was why would I have said he's missing?!"

"Alright, calm down getting uptight isn't going to help anything"

Liam took a deep breath, "He got out of his cot, I don't know how, dressed, packed and left and I don't know where he is"

"OK" Zayn took control, "You search for him outside while I'll search inside. I'll get Harry to check the left of the house, Louis the back and you can take the right"

Liam nodded his consent while he was racing towards the door to search for his wayward baby boy.

Everyone spent the next three hours searching for Niall and in this time said boy had made his way halfway through the forest. It frustrated Niall that he wasn't going faster; he'd never had any issues traveling through the forest before.

As Niall stepped on another rock he cursed, why did the boys have to remove the caules from his feet? Why was it so bad that he could move around barefoot? When he'd gotten dressed this morning he hadn't thought to bring or pack shoes because he'd never had to before. Now he was regretting that decision.