Last Morning

OK so I typed two chapters today meaining I post two today. Also if there are any suggestions I would gladly accept them. I need ideas.

The next couple of days went by in much the same fashion for Niall. Liam would be the one to take him out of his cot and change his nappy before feeding him a bit of breakfast. After breakfast Liam insisted on taking his temperature (Liam said that he would stop taking it after Niall went three days without one and Liam was taking it three times a day!).

There was one good thing about having his temperature taken though, Zayn. Every time Liam took Niall’s temperature Zayn would stay and comfort him then when Liam was done Zayn would give Niall a bottle of soda (the meds were no longer necessary and it was only a little bit but it was still nice).

After Liam was done Louis and Harry would take Niall and they would do their best to entertain the boy until lunch. After lunch Liam would take Niall's temperature then it was Niall’s naptime.

 Niall would wake up in his cot about an hour and a half later and Zayn would give him a nice hot bath with bubbles. The bath was one of Niall’s favorites, the hot water always felt so good to his muscles and the bubbles were fun.

After bath time was supper and then Niall would relax with Liam and Zayn, Harry and Louis tended to join them. A movie later and Niall would be out cold. Liam would carry Niall to his cot and tuck him in for the night.

Today was the last day of traveling and it was also the third day for Niall. If he went today without a temperature them Liam would stop taking it! Niall couldn’t say how happy he was going to be at the end of the day. He still didn’t understand why Liam was being so obsessive about this; he’d been symptom free for half a day now.

“Morning baby boy” Liam greeted smiling as he lifted the lad out of his cot, “Are you wet”

“Yes” Niall sighed. One thing that had come from his cold was that he started wetting himself in his sleep and unfortunately that didn’t seem to be going away.

“Well then we should get you cleaned up” Liam said as he walked to the bathroom. Liam was pleased to note that Niall’s rash was completely gone, “I bet you feel better now don’t you” he said as he finished dressing Niall in a green collared short sleeve onesie and a pair of jean shorts.

Niall shrugged, yes it felt better to be in a clean nappy than a soiled one however he would rather not be in a nappy at all.

“Hey baby” Harry said happily as Liam carried Niall into the kitchen.

Niall just blinked at Harry. While yes he had been spending time with Harry and Louis lately he had yet to actually talk to them. Niall still didn’t trust Harry and Louis and he didn’t see the point in appeasing their guilt when he had no reason to.

Harry sighed; he really wanted Niall to talk to him even if it was just yelling at him. Harry knew that he was getting nowhere with Niall and it was frustrating. Liam had told him that it would take time, that Harry just had to keep working at it but he really wanted Niall to forgive him now.

“Breakfast is up” Louis called happily coming over to the table with eggs and bacon as well as fruit.

Niall was actually somewhat interested in the food this morning. He had been steadily increasing the amount of food he ate at a meal – now no it wasn’t up to a healthy portion yet but it was getting there.

“I’ll help the baby this morning” Zayn offered as he fixed a plate for Niall and then himself.

Niall made to take the fork and plate from Zayn but the older boy seemed to have other ideas. Really Niall was getting tired of this, he was 21 years old and the boys insisted on feeding him! Ever since Liam had fed him the fruit the first day he was sick either Liam or Zayn would feed him rather than let him feed himself. Louis and Harry had tried to feed Niall once but he refused to open his mouth and had thrown a grade a fit until Liam or Zayn took over. Niall might not like being fed but he despised being fed by someone he didn’t trust in any way.