Fussy

As the thirty-minute mark approached Liam was laying on his bunk going over the schedule for the next country noting that they had an interview first thing followed by a signing then rehearsals then the concert. That first day was going to be a long one and it would be difficult to find time for meals let alone making sure Niall got his nap. The following day was an early rehearsal followed by five hours of downtime before an interview then two hours later a concert. Third day was theirs for sightseeing. The last day was a late start then a signing, a radio interview and their final concert before getting on the bus for a two-day drive. It wasn’t so bad a schedule, the only issue coming on the first day, maybe he could talk to Simon about getting Niall and either he or Zayn out of rehearsals early?

“How are you not going crazy?” Zayn asked as he paced in front of the bunks.

Liam shut his laptop and turned to face the anxious man, “I am. You think I like this? We have no choice”

Zayn paused in his pacing as he caught sight of something in Niall’s cot. “I can’t believe we forgot this”

“What?” Liam asked confused.

Zayn grabbed the stuffie and started walking towards the storage room.

“What are you doing!” Liam exclaimed shooting off of his bunk and grabbing Zayn by the arm.

“He’ll want this” Zayn explained holding Stitch up.

“We’ve only got twenty minutes left! If you go in there now we’ll have to restart” Liam said.

“But he’ll want this” Zayn repeated.

“And he’ll get it in… eighteen minutes”

“But…”

“What is it?” Liam asked. There was something more going on here.

Zayn struggled with what he was trying to say, “But he’ll think…”

“Think what?”

“That we’ve done it again”

“Done it again?” Liam said, thinking it through. What would Niall think they’d done it again? What had they… Oh, “Zayn he won’t think we forgot him again”

“How do you know that?” Zayn argued. He still couldn’t believe what they’d done to Niall; it ate away at him every day. If he was having a hard time with it then how might Niall be feeling right now?

“Zayn, this was his request. He insisted that he needed time alone. If we go in there now we’ll only upset him and have to restart the hour. We only have five minutes left” Liam tried to explain.

“I still feel like shit about it” Zayn sighed.

“I do too but busting in there isn’t going to help things”

“I know” Zayn sighed slouching down on the ground and glaring at the timer until it went off.

Despite how stressful things were out by the bunks in the storage room Niall was completely lost in his thoughts, enjoying himself. It was wonderful to get some time alone when he wasn’t sleeping. His thoughts were going a mile a minute and he couldn’t draw them out fast enough, it had been a long time since he’d been able to do this.

Currently Niall was drawing out designs for a new type of spy camera. It was basically a laser that could be pointed at a wall and on what was going on in the room on the other side. Simply put: Lasers his the wall, the sound coming from the room on the other side causes the wall to vibrate (similar to how loud music can make a wall vibrate only a lot more sensitive). The vibrations would then be put through a computer program and turned into actual sound. It was high tech and complicated and nothing he’d ever be able to build since he didn’t have the stable space let alone supplies or time but still. It was fun to design; maybe once all of this was over and he was retired he could look back at his old sketches and build some of them. That was decades away though.