C H A P T E R 6 : Impostor II

Ari couldn't believe her eyes. It was Erza!

But she knew it wasn't the time to ogle.

She shook her head before running back to the curtain, ascertaining that the performer onstage wasn't their Erza. Sure enough, she found their Erza, still in a bunny suit, gripping the curtain with trembling fists.

"You okay?" Ari asked.

"I..." Erza slowly descended to the floor. "I accept my defeat."

Ari smiled and knelt down before Erza. "No one can beat the original."

A roar of cheers followed, along with numerous whistles and catcalls from the audience.

Forgetting that she had provocative clothing, Ari was caught off-guard by an old man who grabbed her by the faux cat tail, causing her to fall back and into her assailant's arms.

"Hee- *hic* -eey, baby ghorl~", the old man belched right next to Ari's face, the stench of days old stomach gas from his mouth making its way to her nostrils.

Ari failed to struggle against the old man's grip, as he started nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck. She wanted to cry out to Erza for help, but it seemed to her that something was lodged in her throat, preventing her from asking for help.

Luckily, she didn't need to, as the scarlet grabbed the old man's face, curling her fingers against his skull as she peeled Ari from his grasp.

Ari fell to the ground, watching the old man attempting to claw at Erza's arm, fully equipped with armor.

"I dare you to lay a hand on her again." Her grip tightened each second, "Go on."

The old man began to whimper. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

The threatening aura Erza wore didn't go unnoticed as they begin to garner the stares of the audience near them. Only when Gray and Happy came to them and calmed Erza down did the rest of the crowd go back to cheering for the woman onstage.

---

"What happened back there?" Gray asked.

"There's just too much scum in the world." Erza spat, gently holding Ari as she brought back their outfits from before.

Gray took a deep breath and sighed. "Well, safe to say we're banned from that bar."

"Aye..." Happy added. "To be honest, I thought Natsu would be the one who'd end up getting us banned."

"You're right." Gray said, looking around for the energetic fool. "Er... Speaking of which, where the hell is he?"

Right as they spoke of the devil himself, an explosion erupted from the other side of the alley. Erza, Ari, Gray, and Happy were on high alert as they each made their way to the source of disruption.

"Hey, you! Come back!" Natsu's voice echoed loudly as he pursued the cloaked person. The rest of the team was able to catch up to him and soon, all five of them were chasing behind the assumed impostor heading towards the outskirts of town.

"Was this the Erza that we saw in the bar?" Gray asked.

"Yeah! There's no doubt about it. They smell the same."

"Then let's get this over with." Erza leapt into the air, equipping her flight armor, and as soon as she touched the ground, she grabbed Ari's wrist and boosted themselves towards the impostor.