C H A P T E R 1 3 : Warm Welcomes

That night, Ari stayed with Erza in a hotel near the border. Ari stood near the window, her arms leaning on the ledge as she looked at the night sky.

"You must be tired, why don't you get some rest, Charity?" Erza said as she came up behind the pirate, her arms wrapping around Ari's waist.

This startled Ari quite a bit, but she leans back against Erza's body anyway. Ari chuckled and kissed Erza's cheek before looking out the window once more. "I'm just too tired of being tired, I guess? Does that make sense?"

Erza nodded gently. "Mmm... Maybe just a little bit. What's on your mind?"

Ari turned to face Erza, her hands immediately cupping the scarlet knight's face, her eyes eyeing Erza's lips. "You." Ari's eyes met Erza's, a smile plastered on her face. "You're always on my mind."

Erza blushed slightly but still smiled before laughing. "I see." Erza was the one who pulled Ari for a quick kiss before trailing her fingers along Ari's arm which were covered in bandages. "How are your wounds?"

"I can barely feel them thanks to that kiss, Erza."

"I seriously do not miss how big of a flirt you are." Erza chuckled as she made her foreheads touch.

Erza slid her hands down to hold Ari's as she led her to the bedroom. "Come. Let's rest. We still have an early train to catch tomorrow."

They both laid on the bed, curled and facing towards each other. Erza raised one of Ari's hands and intertwined Ari's fingers with hers as they laid in silence.

Their eyes watched their hands as their thumbs caressed each other's.

"Erza?" Ari said, her eyes still locked on their hands. "What do you think will happen if we met earlier?"

"Hmmmm... I have no clue. It'd probably go this way too, or better. I wouldn't know." Erza smiled, thinking of the possibilities.

Sister Alicia's words stating that they have indeed met earlier but lost their memories nagged at the back of Ari's mind but she didn't let Erza know. Instead, she smiled, appreciating Erza's optimism.

"Erza." Ari again gently called her.

Erza hummed, an acknowledgement that she heard Ari.

Ari met Erza's eyes. "Can you take me to see Master Makarov?"

Erza nodded, lifting Ari's hand to plant a gentle kiss on the back of her hand. "I will, but on the condition that you rest." Erza scooched closer to Ari and wrapped her arms around the marionette as she closed her eyes.

---

Lucy discussed with her team what had happened to her on the travel back to Fairy Tail. Ari filled in a few details, but left out key information she wished to discuss with their Master alone.

The entire team traveled miles and miles, on foot, using transportation, and even hitching a ride from passer-bys.

"How come you have a lot of luggage with you when you travel again?" Ari asked, pulling the entirety of Erza's wagon with relative ease.

"You never know if we're going to encounter a town in need of a performance." Erza's eyes glittered with hope and determination as she pumped her fist.

Ari scoffed. "A performance whaaaa..." She looked behind Erza, seeing most of the team shaking their heads and signaling Ari to cut it out.

Apparently it was too late as Ari found herself getting stared down by Erza, her irises burning with artistic passion. "You're lucky you're cute. But you are still in need of education!"