C H A P T E R 1 2 : Wanderer

"How long will you stay there and cower?"

Ari's eyes flicked open as she looked at the source of the voice.

She saw Edo Ari crouching down at her while she held Lucy.

"Vol..." Ari said, looking around the dome and the situation outside. She could see the dark red hole that the master summoned, looming right before them. The sight of it enough to return the fear in Ari. However, it was as if the dark red hole had stopped in time. Only then did Ari realize that they had been encased by Edo Ari in a time-suspended mirror dome. "Stop that! You'll kill yourself!"

Edo Ari shook her head. "It's fine, Letty. You're worth it. Now, I'm not sure what they did to your memories, but I know they messed with it enough that you've forgotten a lot of things."

Her Edolas counterpart reached out to touch her face, cupping them. Surprisingly, Ari felt Edo Ari's warmth and as a tear fell from Ari's eyes, Edo Ari wiped it away. "You..."

"Nope. Still dead." Edo Ari chuckled. "Listen, Erza is out there. You can't die. Not 'til you get the happiness that you both deserve. So, let's go. Let's get out of here."

Ari nodded, placing Lucy onto her back and escaping through the damaged doors that the guild master's black holes caused.

"Can't you resume time now? We're safe." Ari asked.

"Not exactly. I'm pretty sure your master can detect where we are even if we're in another dimension, not to mention that thing..." Edo Ari looked crestfallen as she spoke. "I'm afraid that thing can eat the mirror dimension whole."

"Then when we get back up to the guild you can remove it. I'll take care of--"

"No. We have to get you both to safety." Edo Ari immediately cut her off.

"Atleast let me share the burden! I'll suspend time on my own dimension. At this rate you'll disappear!" Ari retorted.

"You're gonna miss me when I'm gone, eh? That's good enough for me." Edo Ari picked up her flight speed, causing Ari to forcefully catch up with her and distract the marionette from the fact that Edo Ari's magic was rapidly diminishing.

Before long, the trio had reached the outskirts of town, a forest just south of the town where the guild was.

The dome slowly began breaking form as time began to run around them once more.

Ari watched Edo Ari intently as the dome completely broke.

Edi Ari reciprocated her gaze and raised a brow at her. "What? You think I'm that weak?"

"Well, no. I'm just worried." Ari said.

Edo Ari visibly cringed as she floated away. "Ew. Your concern is creeping me out. Stop it."

Ari laughed as she set down Lucy against a tree before taking a seat beside her. "Thanks. For saving us back there."

"What a waste of magic power, really." Edo Ari turned her back on Ari. "I could've had Erza to myself if I let you die."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Ari looked at Lucy and smiled. She then closed her eyes as she leaned her head back against the tree trunk and breathed out.

"A reset, huh." Ari mumbled, processing everything she had heard from her guild master.

She wondered how many times she's been 'reset' and what kind of memories had been taken from her.

"From what Sister Alicia said, it seems I've met Erza before." Her mind tried recalling any memory of the sort, yet none came to the surface. "But how come it's like she met me for the first time too?"