C H A P T E R 1 : Charity

Water splashed against the giant rocks by the cliff as a young girl in her teenage years stood before a man holding a scythe twice her size.

"This is probably goodbye, Marionette." The man snickered, taking a stance.

The young girl had her clothes torn and underneath were wounds she gathered from the attacks of the scythed man. Her blood ebbed from her wounds as she stood still, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

The man before her proved to be a formidable foe for her as she wasn't able to get near him due to the length and sharpness of his blade.

"You're not enough to kill me, Bansho." She glared at him, her iris shaking as she looked at him. Her face was emotionless, but the man she called Bansho could feel the intensity of her glare.

Bansho took this as a sign of hostility from the girl and prepared to attack, when all of a sudden, vines crushed the earth from beneath him and wrapped themselves around his feet as fast as they could.

Bansho attempted to cut the vines and succeeded, leveling himself before he fell to his death only to notice the girl at arms' length, reaching out to touch him.

In a defensive stance, he crossed his arm out in front of him. "Shit!"

He could see the girl's lips curled up into a menacing smile before touching his arms and breaking her fall using the vines.

The girl curled her fingers into a fist, watching Bansho's body crumple up like paper as he fell to his death on the rocky cliff.

The girl slowly let herself down to retrieve his scythe as proof that the deed was done. He saw a glimpse of a red scarf that Bansho once wore and decided to take it as well. It had an excellent quality material afterall.

"Took you long enough, Ari." A man in his mid 20s wearing long pink trousers and yellow halter top approached her.

The girl called Ari shook her head. "Your vibrance make my head spin, Calhoun."

Calhoun shook his hips as she followed Ari out of the forest, carrying her prize on her shoulder.

After a long carriage ride, they finally made it to a gigantic fort, its outside designed to mimic a pirate's fort and a skull resting on top of a cannon by its roof.

"Ahh, Pirate Cannon, home sweet home." Ari let out a breath of relief as she fell back on the ground inside their guild.

Calhoun, the man following behind her towed a moosebear's skull thrice the size of him and straight into the back room for the guild's collection.

"Ari, the master calls for you." A huge woman drinking beer called out to her.

"Again?!" Ari huffed before standing up and tossing the scythe she carried to the woman who talked to her.

She walked to a door opposite the back room and entered a dimly lit room, its light only coming from a few candles circling a tall chair.

"How was your hunt, Charity?" A voice asked.

Charity walked to a corner by touching the walls. "That old man was a pain, seriously."

"No worries. I got you your next job. You'll definitely like it." It said.

A paper airplane flew towards Charity and she caught it, unfolding the paper, revealing an image of a girl around her mid 20s with an attractive smile of her face. "Fairy Tail?"

"Someone wants her for interrogation." The master spoke with a hint of inaudible sounds coming from where he was sitting.

"We're bound to run into them anyway. It was just a matter of time, guild master." Charity played with the ends of her hair as she leaned against the wall.