FOURTY-FOUR

Beyoncé- all night, played from Hadiya's phone as she exited out of her shower and wrapped the towel around her body. Today was patience's birthday and she was having a dinner party amongst family and friends. After her and Tysheem's argument outside of his house she hasn't spoken a word to him. He definitely tried calling and texting but no response is what he would get. She wasn't even hurt she was angry. Tysheem had potential and she understood what he grew up knowing, she respects it. That doesn't mean he has to be what the system wants him to be.

Instead of doing the norm, which is selling dope and toting guns she wanted him to remain in school and stay motivated when it came down to his football career. Hadiya wasn't trying to be a second mom however, she was his girlfriend and she was doing what she thought was best therefore; Hadiya will continue drilling him. That's what you do when someone you love isn't doing the right thing. She won't control him or manipulate him into doing the "right" thing she'll only speak nothing but facts to him.

Ace barked and she looked down at him, laughing. He was very spoiled it was okay though he was her baby. She poured him some dog food into his bowl that she got custom made with his name on it.

"There you go baby"

The song switched to chris brown- under the influence as she began to lotion her dried up body. When she finished Hadiya sat at her makeup table and did her face. She wasn't going to do the most just a natural beat. Once she finished doing that she picked up her dress and put it on. It was a casual turndown collar drawstring dress that fitted her body just the way she wanted it to. She would top it off with her mini rhinestone clutch bag that was shaped as a ball and her clear point toe heels.

Hadiya flicked on the light in the bathroom and took a look at her hair. Being that her knot bun got messed up from prom night she had got a different hairstyle. She had a body wave bob wig and it was a side part. Her phone started ringing, making her music stop. Hadiya let her phone ring for a few seconds before picking it up and answering.

"Answer the door" Tysheem hung up the phone and waited outside at her front door. He was tired of calling and texting her phone. Good thing my parents are at work Hadiya thought to herself as she walked to the front door, opening it once she reached it. He let himself in.

"Well excuse me" she said, following him to her room. When they reached her room she looked him up and down smiling to herself. He had on a plain white tee, slightly ripped black pants that had red and white paint splattered on them, with the "fire red" air Jordan 4 retros. She quickly glanced at the watch that rested on his wrist. "Your going to the party" he nodded his head and she looked away from him.

"Why you been ignoring me" he crossed his arms over his chest and squinted his eyes at her. Hadiya grabbed her phone and looked at the time. She had to be to the ballroom in thirty minutes knowing Tysheem wouldn't let her leave without him she'll make it in ten so they had time to talk.

"Why should I talk to you" he made a face before taking one of his hands and resting it on his chin. "Tysheem you do things that make me wonder if you still want to be here I know you love your uncle and I'm sorry he was taken from you but going out and doing whatever you did to those people wasn't the right answer" he started to talk but she stopped him from getting a word out.

"It's my time to talk and your going to listen" she walked closer to him. "You're trying to become something in life have you forgotten about college and football, hell, do you know there's this place called jail and trust me that place doesn't wait on anyone when they want you they'll come get you" she put her finger to his chest.

"Your selfish and inconsiderate, when you get mad you see red and how everyone else feels is pushed to the side you shouldn't do that to the people who love you and want nothing but the best for you" he grabbed her waist. "I just don't get it I try my best to stick with you but it's so hard because I don't want to be visiting another grave, I don't want to go through that again, do you understand" he nodded his head, feeling bad for what he was putting his family through.

"I love you" she grabbed his face and pecked him on the lips. "Please stop doing whatever your doing before it's too late that's all I ask"

"I got you"

••
They pulled into the parking lot and looked for a spot for about five minutes before they found somewhere to park. Getting out of the car Hadiya grabbed the Gucci and Prada bag that had patience's gifts inside of them. Hadiya was able to do a lot of things because her parents had a lot of money. She had her own bank account and her parents would deposit thousands of dollars into it so she could get whatever she wanted.

Tysheem pulled her into him as they walked into the venue and Hadiya grinned widely seeing how beautiful it was. There were two long tables in the middle of the floor with that were decorated nicely. She looked to the side and seen large free standing letters that spelled out "patience". Pink and yellow balloons laid around the letters making it pop. Patience's professional pictures laid on the floor, making the place look even more better.

"Hadiya!" Patience made her way to her bestfriend, which is the only person she wanted to see at the moment. They embraced each other like they hadn't seen each other in years.

"You look so beautiful" Patience had on a straight black lace wig and rocked a silver ball gown satin mini dress. Her makeup was beat to the gods. Hadiya grabbed patience's hand and spun her around. "Oh my god" she squealed.

"Girl you look amazing" patience leaned back a little and smiled at Hadiya making her put her head down and smile. The two girls stood in the same spot for a good ten minutes talking about everything before realizing they had to get the party started. "Your sitting next to me" they laughed while walking to the table where everyone was sitting. Everyone conversed and listened to music until it was time to make their speech. Hadiya stood up and grabbed the mic.

"Happy birthday patience" Hadiya turned her attention to her trying not to laugh at how hard she was smiling. "I just want to start off by thanking you for being my only friend when no one else would even look my way, I want to thank you for being honest, caring, and never judging me. You could've been like everyone else and bullied me but you didn't instead you welcomed me with open arms and I love you for that" she cleared her throat. "Everyone has their person and your just that I want to be your friend forever and after I wish you nothing but the best in life, I hope all your dreams come true and you experience nothing but true happiness" Patience leaned her head back and fanned her eyes, trying not to cry. To say the two loved each other was an understatement. It was more than that. They were connected in every way possible.