TWENTY-TWO

Her shoulder bounced back causing her to fall flat on her butt, looking up Hadiya stared at Princess who had her arms crossed over her chest, walking away. Getting up she swiped the back of her pants and picked up her book bag, heading towards her. Hadiya wasn't a fighter but she was tired of people pushing her around and picking on her especially when she doesn't do anything wrong.

Her patience was running low and people would soon get enough of taking her kindness for weakness. After everything that's been occurring she's been bottling up emotions that needed to be released. Since everyone wanted a demon seed that's what they were going to get.

"Excuse me" Hadiya tapped her shoulder and Princess turned around with a mug on her face that didn't faze Hadiya at all. None of it bothered her it didn't make not one bone in her body jump, chuckling Hadiya brought her fist to her mouth before shaking her head. "You need to apologize, you seen me standing there but you still took it upon yourself to bump into me, apologize" Hadiya demanded only to where they could hear she didn't want to cause a scene. Princess who was shocked quickly recovered and dramatically clapped her hands together, gaining a few stares.

"Woww! look who finally decided to be billy fucking badass" she throwed her hands up in the air and gave Hadiya a mischievous grin. "What happened? Hmm? It took for your sister to die to finally stand up for yourself or i-" before she could think her hand landed across Princess's face and she gasped realizing what she had done.

"You bitch" Princess snarled, attacking Hadiya who didn't know how to fight having an advantage over her. She had no idea what she was doing as she grabbed Princess's hair and swung wildly surprisingly connecting a few hits.

"Ohh shit they fighting" a boy said full of amusement making a few people disgusted that he was excited to see two black girls fighting each other when they should've been lifting each other up. The two girls fell onto the floor and Hadiya kicked and screamed for Princess to get off of her until a security guard separated them from one another.

"I will kill you, you bitch!" Princess said with so much venom as the security guard pulled her out of the hallway, another one taking Hadiya somewhere else. Her eyes clouded with tears as her heartbeat pumped faster and faster she came to an abrupt stop, hunching over.

"You alright, sweetie" the security guard asked concerned when he seen Hadiya hyperventilating he figured she was having a panic attack so he went into dad mode.

"Everything's okay you just have to calm down, everyone leave the hallway now!" The high school students quickly scattered out of the hallway leaving the two of them alone. "What's your name" he asked.

"H-Hadiya" she said through quick breaths as he nodded his head with a smile on his face.

"That's a beautiful name my name's Mr. Smith, can you do something for me Hadiya" she nodded her head as she felt her heart rate began to calm down. "Think about something or someone who makes you happy" he smiled and she began to think about him.

"good Hadiya, good" he said when he noticed her breathing become steady he grabbed her sides and guided her up so she wouldn't be hunched over anymore. "Keep thinking about it" Hadiya's stomach erupted when the memory of his and hers first kiss played in her head. She missed him, terribly. But she was tired of feeling like the world was against her, she was tired of people treating her like a punching bag. That's how Hadiya felt when he came at her that day like he was one of the many people against her when she considered him as her other half the person she felt she needed the most.

"Come on let me take you to the office" Mr. Smith said as she finally recovered from the panic attack. Her state of worry and fear was replaced with happiness when she seen Tysheem rushing through the double doors. He stopped in his tracks and looked at her she looked a mess. Her hair was all over the place her clothes were messed up and a few scratches  laid on her cheeks and under her right ear.

"Diya" he said softly walking up to her, he slowly lifted his hand and smoothed her cheek out, completely ignoring the security guard who watched the two young kids who seemed in love. "Diya, what happened" he asked concerned ignoring the voices in his head that were telling him to crash out on whoever did this to her but he wanted to change, he needed to not only for himself but for her.

The security guard cleared his throat, "I'm sorry young man but I have to take her to the principals office you could come along if you'd like" Tysheem nodded his head while keeping his eyes on her he was in a trance even with scars on her face she was irresistible.

"Young love" Mr. Smith said under his breath as he watched the two walk in front of him, shaking his head he remembered when he fell in love with his wife at a young age making him smile.