TWENTY-SIX

"Dad, please no!"

Hadiya trailed her father as he speed walked to Tysheem's house when he seen his daughters neck and how shaken up she was he needed to know what happened. She definitely told her parents about the events that occurred not too long ago because she felt like she needed too. Tears fell from her eyes and her knees buckled when she seen his mother and her boyfriend exit their car.

Perfect timing. She thought. Her breath got caught in her throat as her father stormed in front of the adults. She wanted to sink into the floor or something but she couldn't Hadiya became nervous when his mother looked at her with raised brows. Tiana didn't want to believe what this man was telling her about her son but she knew Tysheem and she knew he had a temper.

"Come here, now" Stevenson said pointing at Hadiya she walked over to them with her head down she was embarrassed and felt like all of this was her fault. She knew her father would be hard on her now since she wasn't at Patiences house but instead his. "Do you see what he did to my daughters neck" Stevenson's voice shook as he spoke loudly he was angry that this boy touched his daughter, his little girl. It hit closer to home considering the fact that Serenity was in the sane situation and ended up dying behind it. He wasn't about to make the same mistake with Hadiya.

"Sir I understand your frustration and I wouldn't know what I would do if I were in your situation but we're all adults here and I ask that you calm down and talk with some respect" Benjamin said stepping forward and moving Tiana beside him who was too shocked to speak and honestly hurt by her sons actions. Tysheem represented her and how she raised him so she was embarrassed she didn't want these people to think she was a terrible mother. Tears welled in her eyes as she stared at the young girl she remembered when she was laying in the hospital bed and shook her head. She felt extremely bad and wanted nothing other than to give her a hug.

"I will speak with Tysheem and for you" Benjamin looked at Hadiya who finally looked up giving him a chance to see the purple bruise that was forming on her dark skin. "I'm so sorry this happened to you, you didn't deserve this whatever happened between you two doesn't justify his actions"

"I don't want your son around my daughter anymore" Stevenson directed his words towards Tiana and she just nodded her head while Hadiya looked at him with her eyebrows furrowed.

"What, no" She protested not wanting to be away from Tysheem he made a mistake that could be fixed she didn't think they needed to be apart for that. "Dad, you can't do this" she said unbelievably and he gave her a look making her shut her mouth.

"No problem I will make sure he stays far away from her" the adults came to an agreement and went on with their days. Tysheem who sat on his bed, regretting his actions cursed under his breath and looked at nothing in particular before standing on his two feet when he heard the front door open.

He heard footsteps coming towards his room and looked at Benjamin who stood in the doorway with his hands in his pockets. Tysheem sat on the bed and covered his face while Benjamin closed the door and walked towards him with a disappointed stare.

"How many times are you going to embarrass your mother" he asked making the teenager scrunch up his face and look at him. "There's nothing in this world that could've made you put your hands on that beautiful baby she's been through enough and you know how her sister died, why put her through that"

"You represent your mother and the things she stand for she raised you into the man you are today and I'm pretty sure she never taught you to put your hands on a young lady"

"I know I was just mad"

"Your mother has made me mad plenty of times but you don't see me putting my hands on her that is unacceptable Tysheem" sighing he balled up his fist.

"What did she say" he asked referring to Hadiya.

"She didn't say anything but her father said a lot he doesn't want the two of you seeing each other anymore" Tysheem popped up off of his bed and shook his head. "Yes, and I agree with him it's the best thing for the two of you your a football player looking to go into the NFL how would it look if something like that is on your back in the future" he put his hands above his head and huffed he wish he could just take it all back but it was too late.

"I need you to get it together Tysheem the next thing I hear about you that's not good I'm taking you off of the team" the room door shut and Tysheem breathed in and out trying to control his anger. He sat on the bed and pulled out his phone clicking on their messages. He needed to apologize once more than he'd leave her alone how her father wanted him to.

Hadiya, I'm so sorry I just lost it and I know there's nothing that can make you forgive me but I just need you to know that I'm sorry. Fuck Diya I didn't mean to do that to you just tell me you forgive me, please.

Sighing he laid back on his bed and waited anxiously for a text he knew he probably wasn't going to get but it never hurts to hope for the best. He waited in the same spot for a hour and a half before his phone dinged with a notification.

I forgive you Ty and I know you weren't thinking straight we all make mistakes

He took a deep breath and his fast beating heart soon slowed down from the reassurance Hadiya just handed him. They were young and liked each other, they were going to make mistakes and learn from them. Together.