TEN

Tysheem reflected back on when Hadiya had that seizure at school he couldn't help but wonder if she was doing okay. Since he had her number he would text her every now and then but never got a reply back. He remembered that his left over food was in the microwave so he got up and walked into the kitchen, taking it out.

He sat in the living room and changed the channel to sports he enjoyed watching football it was his passion. He had faint memories of his father being that he passed when he was only a little boy. One thing he did remember was them always playing catch his father would always stress to him how serious it was when you got on the field. His father was strict when it came down to practicing even at a young age he made sure to install the fear of losing into him.

It went far to the point whenever Tysheem fumbled the ball or made a mistake running his route, his father would beat him but he didn't see anything wrong with it because Tysheem knew how serious it was, which is why he was focused when on the field. He craved for the ball and loved the electricity he got whenever he made a touchdown.

"Uh, getcho' feet off my table boy you know better than that" Tysheem sucked his teeth at his mother being that she was messing up his comfort zone. Her hand connected with the back of his head making him laugh. "Don't play with me boy"

"Why you gotta hit me though" he questioned with a smile on his face his mother gave him that look causing him to straighten up quickly.

"How's the girl from your school doing" his mother asked genuinely wanting to know. She just like other people had watched the news and felt extremely terrible they never wanted to experience that type of pain. Tiana wanted to do something nice for them considering the fact they stayed down the street from one another but she respected when people were in mourning.

With a heavy sigh he responded. "To be honest I don't even know and it's bothering me" Tysheem responded honestly he didn't know why but he felt like he needed to protect her. Almost everyone at school made fun of her and now she was going through something traumatic he couldn't bare seeing her hurt it was weird how he cared for someone he didn't even know. Tiana looked at her son with a raised brow by his tone of voice she knew he meant it.

"That's heartbreaking I feel for them" a knock at the door made Tysheem got up he looked through the peephole seeing a lady with what seemed like a cake in her hand and another figure next to her who he couldn't make out. Cautiously opening the door his eyes almost budged out of his head when he seen Hadiya at his doorstep. The mother was saying something to him but he couldn't hear her because he was so focused on Hadiya. Her natural hair rested in a messy bun while her head hung low like she was ashamed of something. Tysheem still thought she looked beautiful even with the bags that were under her eyes and how flushed her skin looked.

"I'm sorry for my son's rudeness" Tiana said while side-eyeing him the cold breeze hitting her face as she stood by him. "Would you like to come inside it's a little cold out" she offered.
December had hit and Texas was well below fifty degrees everyone knew that when it got cold in Texas, it got cold.

"Oh" Chelly replied surprisingly she didn't think a stranger would invite her into their home. Getting over her paranoia she walked into her neighbors home and admired how well it smelt. Tysheem held the door open for the ladies before closing it, already getting tired of the cold weather, eager for it to be gone. Hadiya was a little excited being in Tysheem's presence but she couldn't really let that show she was all too compelled in her own thoughts and feelings.

"Would you guys like anything to drink" Tiana remained standing just in case they did when they responded with a no she sat down.

"I baked a cake I heard how your son helped my daughter at school and I just wanted to say thank you" Chelly's voice cracked as she looked between the mother and her son. She knew Hadiya had it rough at school but she didn't know how to handle it, growing up in a violent environment had shaped her into acting out but once she met her husband those days were over. Chelly didn't know if she should act how Dallas raised her or if how Stevenson molded her. Now, all she knew was going to work and doing what a wife was supposed to do, which was cater.

"It was no problem ma'am she needed help and I had no problem doing it if it were to happen again God forbid I would do it all over" his words stunned Hadiya causing him to get a glimpse of her eyes but as quick as their eyes connected they weren't anymore.