Receiving the marriage news

Amaira's POV:

"Amaira can you please make photocopies of these files?" Rhea asked me.

I wanted to clarify that I was neither an intern nor her junior but a permanent staff in the same status as her. But I was afraid if I do, I would seem too rude or others might judge me as an arrogant brat. There is this one character of mine which has got me in many troubles but still, I choose to be it.

I can't say no to anyone except for the most absurd things they ask. And that too only after contemplating for a long time and in a low tone, which the other person wouldn't even have heard. I think in the perspective of others a lot more than in mine, so I convince myself that doing the thing they ask for wouldn't do me any harm. At least I would be glad I made someone happy.

Many people have mocked me for being meek, in my absence. Many people have directly advised me to stand up for myself and stop being an easy target. The thing is, being meek is better than being a rude person for me. Most of them have misunderstood me for someone who doesn't have self-respect. I would definitely stand up for myself and fight with whoever speaks ill of me in front of my face. It's just that I don't care about the ones who speak behind my back, cause it is their mistake for misunderstanding me and using my kindness for their advantage.

And one more thing I'm being good not because others have to recognise me as an angel or something once I'm dead but just for the sake of my satisfaction of leading a good life without troubling others.

"Yeah sure." I told Rhea and received the files from her. I placed the papers inside the photocopier and took out my phone to check it out in the meantime.

My face lit up on seeing a message notification from Arav.

Arav and I are in love for nearly eight months. He is my senior at work who fell in love with me first. I was afraid of him in the beginning, as he seemed like a devil boss who would treat his subordinates like shit. But as I got to know him better he had a way kinder heart than me, behind his aloof and rude appearance. Most people miss breaking the shell he has built around him and judge him too early as an arrogant jerk. We both are completely opposite in that aspect. I don't want others to think of me as an arrogant brat and he doesn't give a damn if anybody thinks of him as an arrogant jerk.

Arav has neither openly supported nor protected me from other colleagues who bullied his girlfriend like they do in dramas. He respects my way of living and never interferes in it. But he doesn't let go of them easily either. If they pass on their work to me, Arav would come up with new work for them to do. And I wouldn't question him cause I respect his way of dealing with things.

'What is my sunshine doing?' the message read.

'Your sunshine is making photocopies of last month's reports🙃.' I replied.

'Oh have fun baby.😉.'

'How does that sound fun?😒' I asked.

'You'll know soon.' He replied and went offline.

What did he mean by that? I switched off the data and kept my phone back in my pant pocket thinking for an answer.

I was taken back by the sudden contact when someone pulled me back, by my waist and hugged me. I recognised the touch within seconds and let down my guard. He snuggled his face inside my right shoulder.

"Arav this is a workplace. What if somebody sees us?" I pried his hands off my waist and pushed him away, but only after enjoying his hug to my heart's content.

"I don't care." He said in a dull voice. I turned around to find him looking at the floor innocently, feigning hurt.

"I do care." I told lifting his chin to meet my eyes.