The oversized obstruction

Jay's POV:

                  I placed my forehead on hers and giggled looking at her. Her face was glowing and her eyes portrayed great joy and satisfaction. I'm proud of myself that I could accomplish the deed with not even a single hindrance. I could see the result of my efforts in Amaira's smile. I couldn't take my eyes off her, for she was at a different level today. She was always beautiful but today she was extraordinarily beautiful. I feel full at the mere sight of her.

I gently stroked her hair and pulled her head closer. I engulfed her in my arms and relished the feeling. I handled her with utmost care as I was afraid I would break her. She is the most precious thing I've right now. The weight of protecting it is something I should learn to bear. Not even for a second, I thought I would get something that I would cherish the most in my life. This is too surreal but I don't care. These are my happy days and I'm going to live it to the full.

"Jay." Amaira whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Is that food on the table?"  She asked pointing to the table behind.

"Yeah, some snacks and soft drinks." I said.

"You kept it there for eating or is it one among the decorations?" She inquired innocently rubbing her tummy.

I laughed out and said, "Go devour it all you want."

She got up from my lap and rushed to the table. She opened the lid of the bowl and gobbled the chicken leg. I rose up, the smile not fading from my face and went to accompany her. Just looking at her eat made me hungry as well. I sat on the seat in front of her and took one leg for myself.

"What actually possessed you, Jay?" She asked out of nowhere, licking her fingers.

"Huh?"

"Nothing. I still cannot believe you came up with such a romantic proposal. Are you sure you are my husband Jay?"

"Pssht! I didn't know I would get caught this soon. No no. Actually, you were so dumb to not realise I'm not your husband until now. Your husband's soul left him long ago when he was in the cab unconscious. I possessed his body that time and since I didn't know what to do I just acted along. But I've to say you're husband is stupid. Like who takes their wife to the middle of a forest at midnight just to say 'I love you?'" I asked and chuckled maliciously.

Amaira stopped chewing and the small chicken piece in the edge of her mouth came rolling down to the plate.

"If you allow me to say one more thing..." I dragged and threw her a flirty wink. "Your lips are so soft and kissable babe. I totally enjoyed the moment. Damn! Your husband is so lucky."

She choked and began coughing. I took the glass of water in front of me and passed it to her. She pushed away my hand and told, "No you're lying."

"Oh dear no. I swear I loved the kiss. I'm even dying to experience it again." I told and inched forward.

"Jayyyy." She yelled and her face turned pale.

"Dumbo why do you believe in all the crap I utter and get scared?" I teased her and laughed to put her at ease.

"I...I......I normally don't. But at midnight, and in the middle of the forest, just a small scare can give me a heart attack. So stop your nonsense." She reasoned and slapped my arm.

"Haha! All of this wouldn't have happened if you were able to acknowledge how cool your husband was."

"Alright, I accept. I can't deny it after all this you have done to me." She said coyly and I threw her a kiss.