Kiss me everywhere

Jay's POV:

"IT IS YOU WHOM I LOVE, YOU STUPID. IT IS YOU, WHOM I LOVE!!"

Her words repeatedly echoed through my mind. My hands were shivering and my eyeballs rolled in all directions, making a shape of an amoeba in the meantime. My insecurities and fears were flushed out of my body on hearing those words, in the form of tears and sweat. Amaira said those in simple words which were easy to comprehend. Yet, my brain underwent a huge struggle in interpreting the exact meaning of those words.

This scenario was exactly the opposite of what I saw on the Blue Moon day. I mean the hug was correct but she didn't ask me for a divorce as she did in the glimpse. Is there finally a change in my Blue Moon legend? Was it altered?

I noticed Amaira was looking at me, expecting an answer. I pushed my brain to think of something that my tongue could answer but it behaved like the head of the labor union who always put forth a protest at an important time.

This is not the right time to be asking for an increment in the salary Mr.Brain. If you work well now, I'll think about giving you a promotion later.

Amaira didn't wait until my brain considered a settlement. Her face was nowhere close to someone who just confessed their love, a minute ago. On the contrary, she looked greatly pissed off and ready to pounce at any point in time.

"I loved you, Jay. I LOVED you. But not anymore. I can't love someone who keeps donating his wife to others. I can't love someone who keeps on mentioning about ending things before even getting together. You confused me and gave me hopes that you had feelings for me. But each time you came closer by a step, you stepped back by two steps. You made it too difficult for me Jay. You will never tell me your problems. You will never tell me your feelings. But you always get to know everything that happens in my life one way or the other. Still, I loved you with all my heart. Yet here I'm, hearing you ask for a divorce, for the nine hundred and ninth time. GIVE ME THAT DAMN DIVORCE. If that's what you want, we will divorce. Just Give me that damn divorce." Amaira cried out.

So this is what I saw. Woah!!! Great job man! Whoever is sitting in heaven and editing my Blue Moon videos, I've to say you're a cunningly clever cow. How neatly you edited the part where she confessed her love and kept only the part where she asks for a divorce?

I was not able to assimilate the entire paragraph she said, for my brain was still protesting with all its might in a corner. It was busy chanting slandering slogans at me rather than doing its work. It neither gave me the words I had to tell her as a reply.

Amaira too showed no interest in hearing my reply. She stomped away in the direction of our house leaving me stranded in the park. There was no one around me as it was too dark and cold to be taking a walk outside.

I slowly followed her path towards our house. I heard Amaira slam the door of our house hard from ten meters away. I rang the doorbell on reaching the house. She made me wait for a long time before opening it. Meanwhile, I replayed things that happened between us until today from the perspective of Amaira's. Everything gave a different meaning after knowing that she liked me. 

She didn't bother to look at me after opening the door. She vanished into the house as soon as the door parted from its frame. Maybe she had the idea of freezing me to death but gave up at the last minute, out of pity. I came inside quickly and closed the door behind me. I ran inside to get her before she shuts herself inside her room.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me and out of the room when her second foot was just about to enter her room. I tightened my grip on her hand and closed the door behind her, with my other hand. I pushed her gently, a little backwards, so that her back hit the door. She was confined in that small gap between me and the door.