The Interview

Amaira's POV:

I peeped my head out of my room for the nth time in a row. I started losing patience waiting for his arrival. I'm standing at the doorstep for two minutes which feels like two years. The fear of losing the right moment made me sweat profusely.

"Psht!" I sighed. How many hours once will this guy pee? The last time he went was five hours ago. Why won't it come again? I saw him drink two glasses of orange juice. Where in the hell did it all go?

Please, God! Reduce the size of his tank, fill it fast and send him soon. I have a deed to do.

He comes to my room only for using the bathroom. If he doesn't use it frequently then how will I get the chance to accomplish what I want? I can't delay this any longer.

I heard footsteps nearing and peeped out of the door. Jay was walking towards the room and I ran inside. I got super nervous and stumbled on my way to the bed. Not wanting to lose the correct time, I hurriedly took out my phone and placed it on my ear.

I inhaled a deep breath and began with my deed.

"Aww!! I swear I'll miss you too." I said as loud as I could.

I noticed that the sound of the footsteps stopped. I could see Jay's shadow on the floor before the door. A smirk formed on my face acknowledging my success. Got you, man!

"Yeah, it ends in a week. I was hell-bent on resigning, but now when it happens, it saddens me a bit. After all, this place is where I worked for a long time." I said and paused. I waited for a few seconds pretending to hear the other person speaking.

"No Madhavi. I tried in a few companies but it was either I didn't like their terms and conditions or they didn't select me for the job. Probably I'll become jobless soon." I said in a sad tone.

"Yeah! Jay told me that he will hire me in his office but I don't know if he still remembers it. I don't want to pester him by asking it. I'll think about it if he asks again or I'm not going to consider the offer. I don't want to leech off him." I said in a clear loud voice so that he could hear properly.

I waited so long for him to ask about my notice period getting over soon. I gave him a hint on it but he didn't mention about his offer again. That made me doubt if he truly meant that or he told it to just console me. If he thinks I'm not qualified to work in his office, I can't beg him to take me in. My potential is much higher than that.

I told a lie inside the lie. I didn't attend any interviews like I told earlier. Working in a gaming company sounded fun, so I didn't bother to apply for a job anywhere else. Only if Jay gives no hope of hiring me, I'll apply to other companies. And that's why I did this drama. I wanted to check if he forgot the offer or was hesitant to hire me for any reason.

I glanced at the door again to see the shadow gone. Disappointment arose inside me knowing that my plan failed. I don't know when he went or how much he heard. If we had gone on the very beginning of my conversation, then everything would turn waste.

I let out a deep breath, frustrated. I have to prepare a new resume tomorrow. Then I've to go around seeking jobs from the day after tomorrow. Moreover, I don't remember the things I learnt in my soft skill classes. I hope I wouldn't fail miserably.

The next day I got up early to create a resume before going to work. I took out a paper and jotted down what all I had planned to include in it. I gathered details and completed my curriculum vitae after two hours. Jay was up and roaming around the house. I went to the kitchen to make breakfast for us.

Jay came out after taking a bath in casual wear and I wondered why. His eyes roamed around the house until it fixed on me. He walked towards me, into the kitchen.