The Climax

Amaira's POV:

I kicked the footrest a little and pushed back my seat. I stretched my limbs, careful not to punch the person seated next to me. I checked the time and began collecting my things to go home. Going home seemed much more exciting now than before. I couldn't get enough of spending time with Jay. He makes moments more interesting and memorable. I'm ashamed to see me who has become hungry for attention, I mean... hungry for Jay's attention. I become self-aware in his presence and I start roleplaying an actress, walking in slow-mo and flipping my hair often. Nowadays I want to be only presentable in front of him but to my dismay, that guy lives with me. It makes me a bit uncomfortable but I know it wouldn't be permanent.

Our romance story has just now begun, but I already fear its end. Without doubts, I want to have kids. But deep down, I'm afraid that I'll lose Jay's love and time, at least a little bit compared to now. But we already wasted seven to eight months doing nothing. Honestly, I don't know, I'm so confused. I decided to let time do whatever it wants with my life.

I entered the elevator and pressed '0'. As the elevator descended the floors my excitement to go home ascended. The elevator dinged and its door opened. I stepped out and strode towards the exit at 2x speed. My phone buzzed and I unlocked it to read the message while walking down the pavement. The notification mentioned Jay's name and I got too immersed on the phone.

Jay: "I presume that didn't hurt."

I read it again and still couldn't infer what that meant. What could have possibly hurt me?

"Ouch!!!" I rubbed my forehead after bumping into something. I looked up to find Jay giggling at me. I realised that he had deliberately diverted my attention to come and bump into me. I slapped his arm playfully and pulled it close to me to engulf it in my hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I heard your company recently hired some beautiful chicks. So I came to see if anyone could grab my interest." He replied and winked seductively.

"Oh, you're so unlucky. I heard that my company was searching for a replacement for the most beautiful girl they had and that they still couldn't get anyone as beautiful as her. The new ones are good but still a bit lacking compared to her. So you wouldn't be getting the best." I told and rolled my eyes.

"Narcissistic much, huh?" He asked raising his right eyebrow.

"Honey, I call it self awareness." I told flipping my hair and Jay seemed to be out of words for a comeback.

"Where is your car, Jay?" I asked in order to break the silence.

"I came by bus since you brought your scooty."

"So is your car at your office?"

"No, I went home, left it there, and took a bus to come here." He explained.

"Man, are you that jobless?" I asked surprised.

"Who said so? I'm perfectly doing my most important job, which is being your husband right now." His words melted me. He leaves no chance to score.

"I laview!" I mumbled quickly.

"What did you say? Can you please repeat it? I didn't hear it properly." He pulled me to his front and shook me while questioning.

"Your problem if you didn't hear. I won't repeat."

"You can't even do that for me? After me taking so much effort to come to meet you so that we can go home together?"