Favourite position?

Jay's POV:

My vision blurred within few seconds. I winked my eyes repeatedly to ooze out the tears that had formed in my eyes. The back of my palm hurts like hell. Yet Amaira didn't have the courtesy to lift her head. She had comfortably rested her head over my hand. Above all when I tried to get up, she pulled me back resulting in my broken nose.

I balanced myself by placing my free hand on the bed, beside her. The beam of light from the flashlight of Amaira's phone was the only thing separating us. Our chests were heaving slowly afraid of making a contact with the other person.

Her lips quivered and her cheeks were flushed. She broke the eye contact and let her eyes roam around the room.

'No.' Her answer to the question I asked yesterday about breaking up with her boyfriend flashed in my mind. I jumped out of the bed immediately in a hurry.

"Aaahhhh." Amaira cried holding her hair.

I looked down to notice a few strands of her hair entwined in my shirt button.

"Sorry." I apologized and rushed out of the room at once. It was better than standing there and experiencing any more awkwardness. I walked a few inches and stopped midway. I realised that we were in my room and if at all anybody has to walk out, it should have been Amaira.

As I was walking back, I saw Amaira coming out of the room. My legs turned left spontaneously and headed towards the kitchen. I staged a scene of feeling thirsty and gulped down a bottle full of water until Amaira was completely gone from my sight.

I should be feeling guilty for playing around with another man's woman. But strangely I wanted to play more even though I felt guilty. Deep in my mind, I wished Arav to not return to India. My face was lit like a New year when Amaira told me she doesn't have anything going on with Arav since our marriage. Nevertheless, when I heard they didn't break up yet, it turned into a Halloween.

Why God? Why? Why did you place a bar of poisoned chocolate wrapped up in glamorous sheets in front of me? I'm tempted to eat knowing I'll die.

That night I didn't get a wink of sleep. I woke up looking dull and lifeless. Knowing I'll look like a ghost in the ad film, I felt like shit. I'm contemplating hard whether my decision to appear in an advertisement, together with her was relevant in our present situation.

As everything was already made ready for the shoot, I no longer had an escape route. It would be my money which would go down the gutter if I cancel it. I lazily took a shower and came out in a white shirt and navy blue pants. Amaira was drying her hair when I stepped out of the bathroom.

She too seemed a little dull compared to other days. However, she still looked beautiful.

"My favourite colour is black." I started a conversation.

"Oh. Ok?" She said baffled.

"Telling just in case if it comes as one of the questions in the game." I explained.

"Oh! Mine is blue." She replied.

"I'm not the one who designed the game so I don't know what all questions will be asked in it. I've never played it before but I know it is just a set of compatibility check questions. So don't worry much."

"Oh ok. I can manage. You please focus enough on not showcasing our impassive marriage life." She instructed.

"So do you." I rolled my eyes.

We went to the studio together in my car. We arrived a little earlier to change into the costume and put on good makeup. We both needed it badly today.