Be my wife just for a day

Amaira's POV:

"Why are you not leaving yet? Did you fight with your husband?" Rhea asked me.

God Rhea! Stop being nosy in other people's lives. Did I ever tell you that your new hairstyle looks like crap? No! Why? Because I respect your decisions. So why can't you be the same?

"Nothing of that sort. I'm leaving now." I said faking a smile.

I didn't want to go home and have any kind of encounter with him. He would easily rank first in the list of rude persons I know. How mean was he, to yell at me without having any proof that I did that to his computer? I really lost it when he called me a bad luck. Then what was he in my life? A Lucky charm?

I myself was shocked when I argued back with him. Something in me pushed me to do it. It said, 'If you miss this chance, you will regret it later.' So I let my tongue loose, to tell whatever it wanted to. He must know that I don't like the way he keeps directing my life. Every time he asked me to go to my lover, I got infuriated.

Does he think that he is cool whenever he says that? Or maybe was it because he can go meet with his secret lover at the same time, without having to feel guilty?

I started my scooty and put on my helmet. I looked at my watch and it showed eight thirty. I will usually be home by seven but didn't have the mood to go home today. Jay is not going to care even if I stay outside tonight. He never called me after our marriage. Back then when I sneakily stole his phone number from my mother and contacted him to meet and ask him to cancel our marriage, I didn't save his number. I doubt whether he saved mine that time. If he didn't, he probably doesn't have my number then.

Suddenly the height of my scooty went lower and I jerked. I lost balance of my scooty and it skid on the road. Before I could realise what was happening, I was on the road with my scooty on top of me. I could see a few people running towards me from a distance. I looked at the tire of my scooty and it was as flat as a pancake.

I averted my gaze towards the sky. 'What wrong did I do to you? Why are you seeking revenge?' I asked the almighty. I could feel him mocking me from up there.

One uncle pulled my scooty away from me and a woman, probably his wife, helped me stand up.

"Are you alright?" The lady asked me.

"Yeah! I'm good." I informed.

"But look at your arm, it is bleeding." She said. That was when I noticed the red liquid oozing out of my elbow. The inside of my palms was scratched.

"Seems like you are married." That woman commented after examining me from top to bottom.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Call and ask your husband to come here. We will leave once he comes." The uncle spoke.

"It's okay. I can manage." I told them. How will I call him? I don't even have his number. I can't be searching for all the unknown numbers in my call history.

"No No. How can we leave an injured person in the middle of a road and go? We are not that cruel." The woman spoke imagining herself like a superhero.

I don't think Jay will come, even if I call. I can't keep them waiting either. So I decided to call some number and speak like informing Jay that I'll come home myself and that he doesn't have to worry.

"You give me your phone. I'll speak." The man urged me.

"Yeah! Give it to him. It would pain a lot if you hold your phone with that injured hand." The woman added.