Epilogue

Jay's Pov:

               The blue moon day ended, so did my peace of mind. It has been over a month, yet I couldn't calm down. I know everything is in my hands and I could stop myself from doing such a thing. But still, I don't know what all happened before that which lead to the happening of those incidents. I started hating myself at one point in time, coming to know I did such a thing. My morals and values were at question for which I don't know the answer. I couldn't wait anymore for things to unfold, so that I understand what the heck was going around me. I laid back on the recliner and closed my eyes. The glimpse of the future I saw in the last Blue Moon day ran in a loop.

"Pariiiii...." I called and ran towards a woman. My index finger swiped over my forehead to collect the four droplets of sweat and sprinkled them on the ground. I was nervous and afraid and ran like my life was at stake. The woman whom I called Pari looked very beautiful. She seemed to be in danger as there was a man behind, holding a knife to her neck.

"One more step and you will see your wife lying amidst a pool of blood." The man yelled at me.

"No!!! Please don't." I cried. I didn't stop and moved an inch forward every second.

"You really wanna see her die, don't you?" He smiled smugly looking all evil. I had a gut feeling that he was afraid to kill her at once. But I know that if I kept going forward it would provoke him. So I stopped, a few feet away from him, and waited for something to happen.

Pari noticed that man's concentration on me and used the chance to kick him on his shin. When he lost balance, I barged at him. I snatched the knife from his hand and the next moment I stabbed the man in his stomach with that knife. He crumbled down to the floor and I turned towards Pari. I grabbed her cheeks and checked on her if she was alright. I wiped the tears that flew down her cheeks and kissed her forehead. She hugged me tight and vented out. I reciprocated her hug and gently caressed her hair. In a distance, Amaira stood looking at me grumpily.

I heard the doorknob being turned and slowly opened my eyes. Amaira came inside the room with Daisy tailing behind. Daisy was now a full-grown dog and she grew closer to me in the meanwhile and to be exact a little closer than she is with Amaira. Depending on her mood she either sleeps with us on the couch in our room or at her dog house. Well, today seems like she will be third-wheeling us. I got up from the chair and went to Daisy.

"Daddy really loves you, Daisy." I whispered in her ears and pecked on her head. She placed her paw over my thigh as a sign of assurance and started licking below my ears. Her weight made me fall backward and she got on top of me.

"All you know is to romance with a dog even when you have a wife, isn't it?" Amaira scoffed.

I know she was being playful but I'm serious. I really love her a lot and I don't want to part with her at any cost. Like I've said a hundred times before, she is the light of my life. With her gone, my future needs no blue moon to know that it is going to be dark. How big the tragedy is going to be that I ended up marrying another girl within a short span of time while I still love her? Did Amaira do something wrong?

Eww!! No!!! That's impossible. Moreover, that doesn't give me the right to go marry someone else when I've told her clearly that there will be nobody else in my life apart from her. What will it make me look like? Here, the biggest mystery is why would I kill someone? Okay, if it is for Amaira I might do it. Did I really got too attached to that girl that I even didn't think twice before stabbing that man right into his stomach?

"Aah!!! Shitttt!!!" I rummaged through my hair.

"Did you just cuss at me for joking, Jay?" Amaira asked surprisedly.