In Your Arms

"Who the hell does he think he is? Showing attitude to me? Annika! Good job, girl. The way you broke his car's windshield, he will never ever behave like that with anyone again." 19 year old Annika muttered to herself, sounding frustrated and angry.

"Annika, there you are." Tej approached her.

"Hello, Mr. Oberoi."

"Hello. So, I have not yet let anyone know that you are our next CTO/CIO, as you wished. You will be joining the IT department, which is going to be revamped by you. Then, after a good few months or how much more time you need, I will announce it to the board. Okay?" Tej looked at Annika eagerly. He needed this girl's brain to make their mess of failed IT operations and ventures an organized success.

"Got it. So, all the hours I work here will be counted as my Co-op placement, right?"

"Yes, I have spoken to your college people, they agreed. IIT has launched a new Co-op program in engineering, which you are being transferred to. From the second year—which goes hand in hand for you—, you will spend all your semesters working and some periods studying and attending lectures . So no problem." Tej explained. "Anyway, I have some papers for you to sign. These papers basically state that the app's full rights will be handed over to Oberoi Industries in exchange for 20 crore rupees. The other set of papers confirm your ownership of 20% shares in the group. And this is your investment confirmation; the money has been transferred, I believe?"

There was a rule in the Oberoi Group, that every director had to have a percentage of shares. These directors were also responsible for their set of operations in the empire. And, while Annika was now counted as director, she also put her own savings (money she earned from the age of 5 and multiplied through monetary loopholes and financial literacy) into the now-on-the-verge-of-collapse technology ventures as investments.

"Yes." Annika nodded, excited to start a new journey with this promising corporation.

"You know, this is very rare that an investor makes a board of directors and shareholders. But I am glad you are trusting your money with us, when no one really is in the technology sector." Tej remarked, looking at the young lady that impressed him.

"Well, I am an exception."

"That you are. With you and your software, I hope to see Oberoi Group making an easy transition into the technology era. Such a shame, I didn't know about your other two softwares, or I would have bid a bigger price than those Ranas. Any way, since you are now part-owner, I hope to see many of your wonders. I have talked to the board without mentioning much about you, they were just relieved that I found someone, anyone capable. I showed them your anonymous portfolio, and despite your young age, they are quite thrilled."

"That's a big relief, thank you."

"Beware, they are a bit old-fashioned, so they might act chauvinistic, try to cut you from speaking, and all that when you officially join."

"Noted sir." Annika nodded and signed the stack of papers after thoroughly going through them.

"Come on now. Let me introduce you to my nephew, he is to become the CEO next week." Tej said, and Annika thought she heard a hint of bitterness in his tone.