Changes & Arrival

"You did what?" Annika screamed.

Dinky looked away in shame.

"You had my husband and brother-in-laws drugged and put in a situation where anything could have happened to them! They could have been violated, and they have been violated!" Annika screamed even more before Shivaay put a hand on her shoulder and tugged her back in a bid to calm her.

***

"Namaste, Dinky Maasi." Shivaay touches the lady's feet.

"How are you? Look at you, becoming chairman and all." Shivaay was so tired of hearing this again and again. Yes, his grandmother invited all his relatives to celebrate this new takeover, but it did not have to be the focus the whole time.

"How is your amazing wife?" She questioned, changing the topic to a better one for once. His wife, amazing...ly annoying. Annika was now exactly 8 weeks pregnant, which meant their baby was around 1.5 centimetres. A raspberry.

And, his lovely wife's body was going through rapid changes. She was repulsed by some smells, particularly his go-to cologne. Morning sickness was also occurring.

What bothered him was her inability to fall asleep. She was waking up more and more and resorting to reading books, rather than trying to sleep. Dr. Anantha and Dr. Laila said that from now on, even back pain might become a regular thing because body weight is trying to be redistributed to accommodate the changing uterus. God, more suffering for Annika, which she said was worth it.

With all this, his amazingly annoying wife kept a smile on her face and tried to navigate this jashn his grandmother had sprung upon them. It shouldn't hurt to say 'no' to some responsibilities, but Annika would not be Annika if not to melt when someone says anything.

"I am here, and I am doing pretty well." Annika arrived next to him.

"Oh, I can see that. You are glowing, dear." His mother's cousin kissed her on the cheek.

"I am getting that more and more nowadays." Annika laughed before looking at her husband. She blinked at him in a reassuring manner that did not do much for Shivaay. He was a worried husband after all, trying to protect his life. He will never stop saying this but it is very hard to breathe when your heart is walking in another being.

"I will see you two later. Let me visit my sister." Thank God.

Annika leaned to her husband and whispered, "I hope our relatives do not phelo some raita."

"Dinky Maasi included?" He whispered back.

"Especially her."

"The house is literally housefull." Annika wrapped her arms around Shivaay, who took her into a comforting hug.

"You okay?"

"Yep." She nodded and that still did not relieve Shivaay. It might never.

"Bhabhi, Shivaay ko chhodiye aur yaha aaye." Om's voice made them separate.

"Kya huva?" She looked at Om with so much warmth that it might have had mentally sigh in relief. Maybe, she was doing okay; he trusted her to tell him when things got difficult.

"Look, I am beating Siddharth in chess. I might even beat you now." He answered, as she sat beside him.

"Please." Annika scoffed and Shivaay grinned. His woman was hard to beat.

Om started losing right after his declaration. He lost his queen first and then his bishops.

"My dearest devar, you just jinxed yourself." Annika commented as Siddharth's became blindingly bright.