Two Lines, Hugs, & Decisions

"Annika, you have prepared yourself for this for so many days. Do not break down now!" Annika's mind reminded her for the umpteenth time.

She was at the airport, planning to fly to Bangalore to check out apartments.

It has been a week since Shivaay said, "Shivaay Singh Oberoi ne aapni shaadi thod di."

She hurt him and herself so bad, depriving every speck of familial happiness she could have gotten.

She did not know who to blame, trying to hold back her tears in the airport washroom.

Chutki's death could not take her away from this city, but Shivaay's pained voice reeling of unexpected betrayal did.

Her mind was embarrassed; the voice in her head cringing, because she had prepared for this since the day Pinky gave her the ultimatum.

But her heart defied her mind, and Annika broke down in the washroom.

Over her broken marriage.

Over the fact that she broke Shivaay's heart.

Over Shivaay's lack of trust.

Over her chance at togetherness.

Saath, as Shivaay called it.

***

Shivaay was exhausted by the time he finished talking to Siddharth, and man, that was one conversation.

Siddharth had been supportive enough to look into that whole Unnao stuff Annika and his lovely sisters dug.

He needed to do something about it, but for now, he needed his Annika in his arms.

Her soothing presence.

The warmth laced in her concerning words.

Those giggles or a small smile.

Anything she would give.

"Why is it so quiet?" Siddharth mumbled, next to him, and Shivaay couldn't agree more.

"Siddharth, Shivaay..." Mallika's voice made the two men pay attention towards the stairs.

Siddharth walked towards his wife and wrapped his arms around her petite figure. "Hey."

"Hi..." And a few murmurs later, the couple nodded towards each other.

"Goodnight Shivaay." Siddharth mumbled and hastily went up the stairs.

Perhaps, to their room.

Siddhi might be asleep, so Mallika and Siddharth might have some plans.

Dirty ones, Shivaay curled up his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

His ex and her husband became parents when Annika and he were doing the whole dating while being married thing.

It was literally stressful to see them manage their work and newborn Siddhi, and they were successful for the most part.

The amount of times Siddharth would be grumpy and complain in his broody voice to Shivaay, and how much Mallika would tell Annika that she missed their couple time was uncountable.