The Possibility

"Annika!" Mallika sounded like she was crying, and that alerted Annika immediately.

"Where are you?"

"Home." And, Annika drove to the Rana Residence.

After the showdown with Shivaay, and her marriage breaking as Pinky wanted, Annika planned to move to Bangalore.

All that moving came to an halt when Mallika called.

"What happened?" Annika kneeled down to see the face of her sister, who currently had it hanging down.

In her lap was a stick.

9 months later, Siddhika Rana was born.

Shivaay and Annika Singh Oberoi, who had reconciled and were courting each other, became her godparents.

***

"Oberoi Group's joint venture with Botania Inc. brings a new definition to residential architecture and real estate development." The business news headline read, and Shivaay's heart swelled with pride.

It was no mystery to the business world that the Oberoi family was seeing turbulent waters on a home front, and for the past one month, the chairman, Tej's, absence in the HQ was a confirmation.

Doubts heightened, but Om managed to incorporate his own networking and artistic plans into the Oberoi ventures, which made the empire expand and become even bigger.

His brother was such a smart CEO. Shivaay grinned. And, it was so comforting to realize that the board did not press on the fact that Tej was missing.

Growing up, if there were any people Shivaay actually feared, it would be the board members, who worked with Prithvi Singh Oberoi, himself. They could not be crossed, and Tej also knew that, which was the reason why his affair was kept so under wraps.

"You are adding a lot of oil, you two." Shivaay heard Mallika.

Picking up the newspaper, he went towards the kitchen, where his mom and wife would be cooking oily food, while Mallika would be doing her annoying commentary. Do not blame him; it was Annika who called it annoying.

"Remind me again why you are here!" He saw his wife immaculately dressed in a saree, with the pallu's end around her waist. The hair he preferred down was in a messy bun.

"It is Siddhi's vacation time. My project is in Goa, so instead of wasting time and money in a hotel, I am staying here. Also, you are my sweet sister, aren't you? Wanted to spend time with you." Mallika jumped slightly from the countertop and back-hugged Annika.

"Gods, Annika, Mallika has becomes like a second versions of you." Pinky commented, sauteing the paneer.

"Become like Annika? I am not as half as sacrificial as her." The answer was accompanied by an eye roll, and both Shivaay and Annika knew what she was talking about.

The divorce + 3 month shit that Annika caused. Something Mallika still was annoyed about.

"Aunty, I will blend this now." Annika looked at her mother-in-law in questioning.

"Go aheads." Pinky gave the nod.

The lunch menu for Sunday was Paneer Butter Masala with Naans, Boondi Raita, and some rice. Pinky decided dessert would be her husband's fav. Rabri.