Ghar ki Lakshmi

Annika jumped at the sound of the door opening.

It was their first night, and she was so damn nervous.

Shivaay entered with a goofy smile, "Hey."

"Hey." She said to her husband. Husband sounded like music to her ears.

Shivaay sat beside her on the bed and then swiftly pulled his wife to his lap. Wife, ah, that was heaven.

Annika blushed profusely, as Shivaay intensely looked at her.

"Calm down." He whispered into her ears, as she looked back at him with pure innocence.

Shivaay kissed her hairline.

"You look so beautiful." He commented, as his eyes raved over the mangalsutra, wedding band, sindoor, and chooras.

"Thanks." She whispered, lowering her head to his chest. Annika did not know how to approach the conversation she was intending to have.

"Can we not do that tonight?" She asked after sometime.

"What that?" Shivaay teased her.

"Shivaay!" Annika whined, hugging him.

Shivaay whispered an 'okay', understanding Annika's state of mind.

And then a month later, with some help of his crazy brothers and their better halves for privacy, Shivaay made love to his wife for the first time, kissing all the marks with tenderness that she mentioned being ashamed about after a few days of their grand wedding.

"They are beautiful."

"What?" Annika looked a bit shocked and thoroughly pleasured.

"Your battle scars look beautiful."

"Battle scars." Annika liked the way he called them.

***

"Billu?" Kalyani called for her favourite grandson.

"Ji?" Shivaay averted his gaze from the files he was currently going through. Due to the hustle bustle in the household, he settled down in the farthest corner of the house.

"Busy hain?"

"Aap keliye mein humesha free hoon. Bataiyye?" Shivaay stood up and guided his grandmother to the armchair beside him.

"Mera billu." Kalyani nostalgically caressed his face and kissed his temple. She missed him a lot.

"Theek hain aap?" He asked, a bit concerned.

"I am now fine." She uttered, settling down comfortably. Kalyani did not know how to start a conversation intended to be heavy.

"Aap chinta mat kijiye, sab theek kardunga mein." Shivaay softly whispered, making Kalyani more regretful than she initially felt.