Full Circle - 1

"Shivaay, when will our past leave us?" Annika asked her husband.

"I really wish I knew the answer to this, Annika." He told his wife and hugged her tightly.

***

"Shivaay is missings; meri bahu ko koi hospitals se le gaya." Pinky wailed for her children while Shakti was losing his mind.

"What are you doing, Commissioner Kadam?" Shakti demanded furiously. "My kids have been missing and you have not been able to find one piece of vital information to find them."

The whole family was sobbing, not knowing where the binding force of their being was. They did not know if Annika and the baby were okay, or if Shivaay was safe. It was horrible.

"Why them always?" Pinky asked everyone, no one had an answer.

"We are trying our best." Commissioner Kadam shared and then continued. "We need to interrogate Tej Singh Oberoi first for the bodies found in Kalyani Mills Mumbai. We analyzed those skeletons and blunt force trauma seems to be the cause of death. Also, Shivaay Singh Oberoi and his bodyguard Khanna went missing from there only."

***

"Ram, this quartz ring. These are pretty rare to buy. And from the biological profile determined, this is a woman who died at the age of approximately 34 years old." Bhavya handed the brown quartz ring found on one of the skeletons. While everything else decomposed, the ring stayed.

She continued after a moment of silence, "There is a small jewelry stamp on the back of the ring along with a number. Try to find all the jewelers that have been established here since the 1960s at least and double check with them. We might get a clue of who this is."

"Ma'am." The constable who was pretty close to Bhavya asked. "Why would Shivaay Singh Oberoi come here?"

"I have no clue." She murmured.

Her phone suddenly rang and she took the call, "Yes, sir?"

"Bhavya," Commissioner Kadam's voice edged on gravely. "There has been a movement from the Sultan's organization. They transported drugs from their factory."

"Send me the details quickly, sir." Bhavya said and rushed to her jeep. "I need three officers with me. The rest of you stay."

Bhavya's gut feeling was saying something and she did not know what it was.

***

"We need to intercept that vehicle. It is suspected that Sultan's drugs are being transported internationally." Bhavya drummed her fingers. "We need to catch them."

"We do, Ma'am." An officer agreed. "He ruined my life."

"What?" Bhavya looked at Officer Roshan.

"Ma'am, Sultan started his criminal reign by influencing his boss at that time, Badshah, to supply drugs to orphanages all around Mumbai. These kids would be fed drugs via their food and illegal photos were taken of them to be sold to rich people. Sultan also sold these kids under the guise of adoption." Roshan looked away, disturbed. "I grew up in one of those orphanages. And we all were beaten to death for trying to bring the truth out. One of my sisters, you can say, committed suicide because of the sexual abuse while her older sister kept begging her not to."

"And the orphanages were shut down after an operation conducted by the new government." Bhavya said. She did her research about Sultan but she did not know his level of involvement in the Mumbai Orphanages Scandal that shook the state at that time.