Grihapravesh

"Annika, now put your feet on the plate and mark your steps." Janhvi fondly said, putting down the silver plate with the thin red liquid in it.

Shivaay tightly held her right hand, as she marked the white silk cloth with her footprints.

Everyone were smiling, even the once livid Pinky, at the radiating glow on Shivaay's face and the never-before-seen shyness on Annika's.

"Welcome home, Mrs. Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi." He whispered into her ears, as she came to the end of the cloth or better said the slippery silk ramp that could not have been walked upon without her husband.

That name sounded perfect and complete.

***

"I am so happy for you two." Shivaay said, sitting down on the sofa.

At that moment, Gauri entered with a tray full of Gajar Ka Halwa servings. "Muh meeta toh banta hain na iss kushi mein."

"Gauri ka bana huwa meetha." Om squealed, which made ShivRu cringe.

"O, Chulbul Bhabhi ke saath rehte rehte na aap bhi unki tarah behave karna laga ho." Rudra commented, taking a spoonful of the halwa. "It is yummy, Bhabhi."

Gauri caressed his head in response.

"Oh please, nothing can ever top Shivaay's change after marrying Annika Bhabhi." Om said.

"Why are you dragging me into this? Rudra said that, not me." Shivaay uttered, bracing himself for the teasing that was going to come.

"That is true. Pehle toh Bhabhi ki language suna teh hi kuch ho jata tha inko, abb dekho ussi language se unhe pyaar ho gaya hain. Din mein ek baar toh unki words use karte hain." Rudra burst out laughing, remembering how randomly Shivaay's language interlaced with that of Annika's dictionary.

"Waise, yeh kya baatein kar rahi hain Bhabhi Bhavya ke saath ki woh humare samne nahi kar sakti?" Om asked Gauri, who sat beside him. The woman bit her lip.

"Well, she is talking to Bhavya about some girl stuff, you can say." Seeing the questioning gazes, Gauri went on explaining. "Now Rudy Bhaiyya and Bhavya are going to get married, right? She is just giving some tips, you know, about married life. It is going to be a long talk, so don't bother disturbing them today."

That wasn't an entire lie. Annika ushered a happy Bhavya inside the room and gave her the talk that Gauri got when she remarried Om. But then the woman poured water (Paanika indeed) all over the celebration and informed them how tonight they had to hack into the police database and do whatever they planned. Annika apologized, but the newly engaged woman didn't desire any of that and transformed into her police avatar.

Shivaay's kanji eyes were fixed on Gauri, as she squirmed.

This woman had something planned, he concluded and stood up.

"I am going to go and change." Shivaay pointed towards his suit that he wore since morning.

The three nodded, but Gauri was stressed. If she stopped him now, the three brothers will tense and sense something was off.