Two Lines, Memories, & Emotions

"We will have two kids, and we will name them Shivika and Ansh." Shivaay remarked, enjoying the red, shy hue on his wife's cheek.

"Two kids?" Annika sounded both amused and hesitant.

"Yeah, sometime in the future. When we both are ready." When memories of Chutki do not torment you as much as they do now. But, Shivaay did not say that out loud.

"You want a girl a lot, don't you?"

"Yep, just like you."

"What if both kids are boys?"

"We will try until it is a girl, but we are going to have a girl."

Annika glanced up at her husband, who currently had his hands around her, while they lounged on the bedroom sofa. "You are going to spoil her rotten."

It was not a question, and Shivaay grinned.

"Yep." He traced his nose over Annika's neck. "What is the use of a man if he does not pamper his girls?"

Annika laughed, all the while trying to hold back a moan.

"But, do not stress, Annika. We will plan a baby when we both are ready. When our personal environment is safer." Shivaay whispered.

"Okay." Annika looked up at Shivaay. "But, we will not name our daughter and son, Ansh and Shivika."

"Why not?" Wasn't she the one who suggested one of the names?

"Our kids won't be named our ship names. We will give them beautiful names... and the best lives." Annika's voice cracked a bit at the end.

"Yeah, we will." Shivaay kissed Annika's forehead.

The time to plan never came, since every time they had this conversation, something would hit their happy lives.

Well, planning a baby was never written in their fate, but that did not mean, they would not be blessed with one.

***

"2 lines indicate that you are pregnant." Mallika read to Annika an hour ago, who held 3 different sticks--2 being digital and 1 being a normal one.

There was a really rare chance that these were wrong, and Annika just knew there was a fetus in her uterus.

The tiredness, tripping over saree--an excuse--everything made sense. She just knew.

And, memories that bothered but also gave great comfort to her took over her mind.

Bittersweet ones.

***

"Your mom left you here." The matron exclaimed, exasperated with the curiosity of Annika, or Creme as everyone called her.

Maybe it was true. The story is pretty dramatic:

A young lady, face covered with a dupatta, arrived with a newborn girl in a small basket, wrapped in a cream coloured blanket. It was a normal night for the orphanage head matron, but she had ended up going outside only to see the sight.