First Aid

"Om, everyone deals with their pain in differing ways." Annika said, looking at the night sky.

Today was a great day for the four of them, until Pinky made an off-handed comment about Om's drug abuse.

Shivaay suggested for an ice cream outing and invited the annoying CIO along.

"When we are in excruciating pain, we just want to get rid of it. And at that breaking point, thinking about others—like family, friends—is both impossible and extremely unfair to ourselves." Annika went on.

"You are not wrong for wanting to ease that pain, that suffering, and you are also not wrong for choosing drugs. You did whatever possible to get rid of your suffering, and then you did whatever possible to clean yourself of the missteps you have made in that quest." She said in a voice that was on the verge of cracking in a turmoil of emotions. "You do not have to be ashamed, when you are the one who was wronged. You are a brave man, full of feelings and emotions. And, you don't fear feeling them, and that makes you special."

"Thank you." Om whispered, feeling grateful for that validation that he received

"Enough of this emotional conversation. Want more ice cream, Di?" Rudra asked, trying to hide his tears that were slowly forming.

"Sure. Tell them to add more sprinkles." Annika said.

Shivaay might not like this woman at all, but today, he was glad he invited (grumpily) her.

***

"Have you lost it?" Shivaay screamed, dabbing on the cut near his chin caused by Omkara's gold ring. His cheek was slowly turning into a purple hue; Omkara sure did know how to throw hands when needed.

"Oh, you don't get to complain, Raja Chanda Harish." Om screamed back, heading towards his elder brother to give him another punch.

"It's Harishchandra, Om." Annika said, making him throw a glare at her.

"Tum chup raho!" He warned.

Usually, Annika was the one who was the authoritarian or disciplinarian amongst the younger generation, but there were times when Om showed his 3-years-older-than-Annika avatar that thoroughly shut her up. The last time he showed that side was when Annika planned to leave Shivaay's life once again after he got real cozy with Ragini during their divorce proceedings.

"This is the first time I have seen them act like these hormonal guy teens that needed to fight each other." She muttered and averted her gaze. Brother things, she sighed.

Shivaay, having had enough of Om, stood up and clutched the younger man's collar, starting a full-on fight.

"Oh my god." Annika went on muttering, unsure of what to do. Both brothers looked like they were high on some type of rush (fuelled by pain and separation, she concluded), and they needed to get it out of their system. But, will they die? Can people die from a few punches?

"Mujhe nahi pata tha ki Om bhaiyya itna violent hain." A feminine voice said, fascinated by the immature sight in front of her.

Annika swifty turned around to see Bhavya, Gauri, and Rudra behind her. "Bhavya, Gauri!"

The ladies ran and hugged the woman as tightly as possible.