Strike (Kate)

I woke up along with Sana and got ready for school. We had a test today in French class, which I did not prepare for.

"Uhh...we still looking for tristitias after school, right?" I ask, putting on my shoes.

"For now yes, unless one of the group members decides to have practice today."

We both grab our jackets and walk to the main building.

"So...what did ya do while I was practicing for our concert?"

"Hung out with Cheryl."

"Really? I thought she was at the hospital."

"Got out early," I answer.

"Cool, whatcha guys do? Did you have fun?"

I nod. "I had lots of fun. We went shopping at Bath and Body Works, grabbed a slice of pizza, then went rock climbing."

"Sounds great. We should do something like that."

"Sana, we fight monsters that carry despair with them...well, you do all the fighting, but still."

"Yeah, I know, but I want to hang out as normal friends, ya know?"

"Yeah, I agree."

We walk into the main building and enter our classroom. The test took forever for me, since I forgot to study, but after the exam, school went by fairly quickly.

"So...where we heading first?" I ask Sana.

"Pry uptown. The city is more active there so there's gotta be more tristitias. Also I've never been there before so I'd like to check it out."

"Sounds great, it's been a while since I visited where I'm from."

Bordering Nuverseri is a city called Lumenast, the city where I was born. There's three main parts to this city, Mainstreet, where the shopping center and our school is, uptown, where I'm from and where the safe center is placed, and downtown, where the concert hall and beach is.

"Yo Kate, ya still worried about that dream you had?"

"What dream?"

"The one about that storm or somethin'."

"Oh, that one, I completely forgot. But...I feel better about it."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I shrug. "I mean, I think I was all worked up for nothing. It was just a dream. I doubt anything will happen."

"You're right, this city is pretty calm."

I was telling the truth, I had honestly forgotten about the dream I had a few...maybe weeks ago? It just slipped my mind.

Sana and I both stop as we notice her ring glow, so I follow her in the direction of where the tristitia would be, which was inside of the Express fitting rooms.

She transforms inside and slices a portal open from the mirror with her sword.

The inside was very trippy, it was an ocean of blues and greens all over, the only normal thing in this world was the carpeted floor, which was broken up as tiny floating islands.

The tristitia was a bunch of different scarves tied together, its face being a giant hair clip with those 'teeth' attached.

"Those islands are pretty far apart, would ya mind holdin' my phone for me?"

"Sure, good luck!"

She sprints and leaps towards the beast, while I stay in the same spot and watch her fight.