Violet Silver (Violet)

[A/N - The next few chapters (including this one) take place in the past]

6:13 am, November 13.

It was a gorgeous day outside, the sun's rays shone through my window, emitting a beam of light in my room, and the smell of honeysuckle outside filled the atmosphere.

I get up from my bed and stretch, then I pick out what I should wear for the day and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I decided on wearing a soft pink hoodie, along with a white chiffon skirt that ends just above my knees, some thin, long, white socks, and black flats that have a small heel and a tiny bow on the tip.
I didn't have to do anything with my hair as it was already up into two low pigtails when I awoke, and had no tangles.

Now about me. My name is Violet Silver, I'm a 17 year old girl who was born on February 2 of the year Ω987. I lived in this apartment on my own for quite a while since both of my parents had died during an earthquake. It's tough living on your own, but at least my school pays for rent.

I pack my bags and walk over to my school building, just across the street. I then enter the classroom and take my assigned seat at the far left corner.

"Miss Silver, you're here early again," Miss Kendra comments.

Miss Kendra is my teacher for all my classes. She's tall, has blue eyes and red hair, and has the nicest personality.

"I apologize," I tell her. "I...I just don't want any umm...attention is all..."
"Don't worry about that! I was just surprised how you're always here a few minutes before class starts."
There's two reasons why I'm always the first student here. One, is that my apartment is just across the street, and two, not many people stare at you walking in because you're already inside.

The bell rings and a bunch of my classmates come walking into the room and taking their seats.
There's a total of 25 kids in my class, all of which are paired up. The only person who isn't paired up with anyone is me, which I don't really mind since I'm extremely shy and I don't think anyone in this class would like to sit next to me anyways.

My school day is as bland as any other school day, learn a few things, eat lunch, workout, and then go home.

My teacher had notified us that a faculty meeting would take place at 12:30, which means we had an early dismissal.

Most days I would go straight to my apartment to read, but today I decided to take a walk in the plaza and look at some neat things I could buy.

Because it was such a nice day, I decided to take the longer route, which was filled with beautiful flowers and colorful butterflies.

I take a stroll through the exquisite path and take some pictures on my way. Being my cloddish self I bump into another girl walking through.

"Oh my gosh! I-I-I'm so sorry! I di-didn't mean to! I-"

The girl waves her hand, telling me it was fine and gives me a smile.

This girl looked to be around my height, had light brown eyes, fair skin, and wavy brown hair that fell just past her shoulders.

"My name's Kathleen Chikaryeida. What's yours?"
The girl reaches her hand out towards me and I gently shake it.
"Umm...Vi-Violet Silver...I-I'm sorry, i-it's such an awkward name..."

The girl shakes her head smiling. "No! Of course not! I actually love that name! The meaning behind colors is so intriguing."

"What do you mean?" I ask.
"You know, violet meaning the future and mystery and silver meaning balance coldness and stability."
"Oh...I never knew that...that's interesting...I think. But those don't describe me in the slightest. I mean...I'm not cool, nor am I balanced or stable..."
"Then you should try your best to be like that! Well...not much the cold part put you can definitely be cool!"