Chapter fifteen

Fox woke up and looked around him. Walls that had plaster coming out of several holes surrounded him. He could smell the rich scent of mouse and he got up only to fall down again. He groaned and looked at his stomach. He had lost tufts of his white belly fur and four newly made scars had appeared. He could smell familiar smells of his group but no one was there.

                “Hello?” He called out, but no body responded. “Is anyone there?” He called out again. He heard a shuffle and a comforting smell greeted him.

                “You’re awake!” Angel said.

                “Yeah. What happened?” Fox asked. Angel looked uneasily at the stairs, which Fox assumed led downstairs.

                “You got into a fight with Scar.” Angel said delicately.

                “I what?!” Fox asked alarmed. “Why?”

                “He got into a fight with Bonzo.” Angel continued.

                “Oh God.” Fox said. “Where is he now?” He asked.

                “We didn’t know what to do with him. He said that he meant to hurt Bonzo, but not you. He said he didn’t know what came over him.” She told him.

                “What are we doing in a house?” Fox asked concerned. Angel smiled at him.

                “Isn’t it obvious?” She asked in a sweet voice.

                “No.” Fox answered. She sighed.

                “The only reason we would be in a house. We brought you here.” Just as she said that two grown male humans appeared and walked slowly towards him ignoring Angel completely. Fox screamed as he tried to escape.         

“What are they doing here?” He cried. He got up and felt his stomach rip as blood started coming out of his wound again. The humans leaned down to pick him up but he bit and scratched them. He woke up screaming to see Angel and Storm looking down onto him.

                “It’s alright! It’s alright!” Angel comforted him as Storm put a paw on his shoulder.

                “Where are the humans?” Fox demanded, adrenaline still pumping through his system.

                “What humans?” Storm asked.

                “The humans, in the house.” Fox said. Storm gave Angel a look that he couldn’t see but reflected in her eyes.

                “Don’t worry Fox there are no humans here.” Angel assured him and helped him lay down again.

                “Where are we?” Fox asked.

                “About a day away from when you were still with us. Bandit and I carried you all the way down the side of the mountain.” Storm said. “Jellicle spotted a crack in a pile of rocks big enough to fit us all in.” He finished.

                “Wow you carried me for a day?” Fox asked.

                “Well it took two of us to carry you because you’re so heavy.” Storm teased.

                “Its just muscle.” Fox defended himself. Storm and Fox laughed but Angel remained serious. Fox noticed and stopped laughing.