That's Our Moonlark

Sorry for the cliffhanger. I just wanted to again say sorry if you don't agree with this theory. Again I am sorry! Now, story!

Sophie had finally turned around. Was it true? Is Elwin her dad?

"Are you my dad?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, Sophie. I am. I should had told you years ago. I almost did when you became a councilor. The Black Swan said that they wanted you to ask to find out who I was. They wanted you to take charge of what you want."

Sophie turned to the collective, smiling, and said "Thank you. I am grateful for this."

"That's our moonlark." was all they said. Well, it was Mr. Forkle but Sophie thought he spoke for everyone when he said it.

Then, it hit her. She hadn't thought of that name in years because the name moonlark was from Calla. She said it was because moonlark mothers left their children to learn by themselves. To find their own path in life. It had been a hard journey but Sophie did it. She was a councilor in love and almost no one gets to experience that. It's both the best and the worst thing in the whole wide world.

Sophie's face must have shown the emotions she was feeling because just then, 2 transmissions came into her head at the same time, asking the same question:

Sophie, are you alright?

Yeah, guys. I am fine. She sent back to both voices. It was odd to Sophie that both Fitz and Mr. Forkle transmitted the same thing at the same time.

GUYS?????? Said both of them. For some reason, they were being the most predictable elves in the lost cities because Sophie knew they would say that.

Mr. Forkle, Fitz. You guys are transmitting in unison so I am transmitting in unison to both of you.

OH! They both sent.

"Thank you, Elwin. I have a question. Do you care if I put your name on my match-making scrolls? I know it's an odd thing to ask considering I'm a councilo-"

"Of course not, Sophie." Said Elwin, cutting her off. "You do what you want and need. As long as I get some questions too. "

"Of course Elwin, shoot. "

"What? Elwin replied, flabbergasted.

" It's an odd human expression. Please, ask your questions. " Sophie said, sad the elves didn't use it. She should had know that they didn't since she had been living in the lost  cities for about 100 years. I guess she is kinda dense when it came to this sort of thing.

"First, for all of you." Elwin said. Whispering, he asked "Do you all still have your stuffed animals?"

"Yes......" they all mumbled under their breath.

"That's what I thought. Now, Sophie, the other question. What made you want to know who your dad is? If your not comfortable sharing I understand. "

She Chad already told everyone else so she wasn't uncomfortable. She just thought maybe he'd think she was crazy or he'd laugh. She didn't know why though. She was never nervous around him anymore. She got this odd  feeling that she wanted to make him proud.

Despite all her thoughts still racing around her head, she told him everything she told everyone else.

Elwin was quiet for a few beats until he replied with"Best of luck to you then. I am proud that you are doing what you want. "

Sophie didn't know how but Elwin had said the exact thing she wanted him to say. It made her feel better. She stood up taller because of it.

"Well... I have a lot of hails to make so bye," said Sophie. She waited for responses. She got none so she walked outside at light leaped away.

Updated: 7/24/23