Chapter 22

(Mad's POV)

Josh and I are delightfully woken up by the sound of his alarm, even though being woken up from sleep isn't lovely, but for Josh it's a different story!

Josh hasn't played a game since round 6 where he did his shoulder, which caused him to be sidelined for 3 months!

So, it's safe to say that Josh is beyond excited to just play again. 

Josh does his normal game prep, or that's what he told me at least.

I've been messages the girl's figuring out what today will look like and when we are heading to the ground!

Josh had been doing some stretches, especially with his shoulder. 

I know that the physio's and doctors would not be playing Dunks if he wasnt prepared, but that doesn't mean that I'm definitely not nervous to watch him. 

Obviously Australian Rule Football is a full body on body contact sport and he is bound to get tackled on his shoulder, heck Stewie might tell his players to focus on his shoulder and every-time it happens I will be shitting myself!

The prep to the game went by way quicker than I thought, and before I knew it I was kissing Josh goodbye and he headed into the bus with his team. 

Not only was is it Josh's game back, it was also Marra's second game, and it was definitely a big one, with debuting last week and not kicking goal, there is pressure on him to preform and basically have an effect on the game!

Josh lets me know when he gets to the game, mainly just telling me that he wont be responding to any messages I give him because he has to turn his phone in. 

I throw on a pair of mum jeans and of course a white jumper and my new favourite piece of clothing, josh's guernsey!

I do very basic makeup and throw my hair into a high slick back pony. 

When the time ticks over to 1:30, I grab my bag and head to Liv and Marcus's room, just to make sure she doesn't need anything.

When I knock on the door she opens it immediately

"You look nice" I say to her as she has a makeup brush in her hand 

"You as well" she says and I walk into their room

"Nice jumper" she says and I turn around with a smile on my face 

"Is it too much" I ask her doubting whether or not I should actually wear it 

"Nah, I love it, and I'm sure that Josh loves it as well" she says and I sit down at the little table that is seat up in the room

We spend a little bit of time just catching up with what happened last night and it was a quiet night for the both of us 

When the time hits 1:45, we both leave Liv's room and head downstairs to the lobby to meet up with everyone else!

Logan being the organised queen, has booked a mini bus for all of the partners that have come up.

There were a couple of partner that flew with his their boys, like Josh Bruce's wife and daughter!

Meaning, that now there were more than 5 of us now!

When everyone arrives in the lobby, Logan lets us know that the bus will be arriving any minute now!

Of course when everyone realises what I'm wearing there is a bit of banter, but everyone loved it and I did get some bullying when I told them I thought of taking it off!

Thankfully the bus ride wasn't too far from the ground, so we get there in now time...

Because of covid there are a limited amount of people allowed in the stadium, so it was very dead when we arrived!