Chapter 10

SONIC'S POV

Sonic didn't sleep that night.Him and Shadow went to look for that emerald and visited a lot of other dimensions,trying to find the one where the last emerald should be.
Sonic wasn't completely giving credit to Shadow.Of course the black hedgehog didn't show him any emotion or signs telling him that he actually has a plan or something,but Sonic just couldn't trust that guy.After all the times that dude just tried to kill him,Sonic was completely sure he cannot give his trust to Shadow.All the night he had his guard up,even if he was very stressed because of his best friend.He didn't know what Shadow would actually do to him,but he didn't say a word all the way to the chaos emeralds.Eggman stayed in the island and promised to not tell anyone about the rescue plan and all the stuff they were about to do.Sonic knew his friends will get worried,but it was the best for them.It's better if they don't know.

"So,we finally got here."
Shadow broke the silence.They got in a big city,with a lot of big buildings.They were,for sure,in the place where Rouge and Shadow used to work.
"Are we at that place you and Rouge used to work?"
"Yes.But now you have to meet some old friends."
Shadow finally smiled.For sure they weren't some "old friends".In this company work only villains,so he didn't expect for someone he actually liked.

They entered some building,that was a really big one.There were many people wearing suits.Shadow smiled only a little bit,and started to move faster.
"Hello,Shadow!Its been a while!"
A bunny guy just stopped them.He was happy to see Shadow.
"Yeah,Alec.I'm busy right now,are the shooting guys working today?"
"Hmm..It's Monday night,Am I right?Yeah,they are."
Shadow was satisfied of the respond he just got and didn't even thank the Alec guy and walked faster.Sonic watched the whole scene looking very confused.He couldn't complain about who was Shadow looking for,they were literally in a building where villains work.He rolled his eyes and followed Shadow.

They got right in front of a big door.On the door there was a sign:
"Shooting lessons"
Sonic looked impressed.Shooting lessons?These guys are prepared for everything,like for real.Shadow knocked at the door.They waited some moments and a familiar hawk opened it.
It was Jet.He didn't expect that at all.The hawk he had a strange look, he examined him and Shadow and then looked surprised,he recognized Sonic.

"Wohoo,I can't believe this.I didn't see you two in a while.What is bringing you there?"
"I need your help to find one chaos emerald,and you are the one who can show me where it is."
Sonic was kinda annoyed,because of Shadow's behaviour,but he didn't say a word.Jet waited a minute and then looked back at the others in the room.
"Wave?Where is the last emerald situated?"
Silence.Jet looked back at them and closed his eyes.
"In the Chaos Cave,5 kilometres away from here."
"Thanks.You heard her."he said and turned to Shadow."But why do you need them?"
"Personal business."
Jet nodded and looked at Sonic.
"You're helping him?"
Sonic wanted to tell him his right,but he could just tell Jet that Sonic The Hedgehog helps his enemy,so he found a better excuse.
"He needs my help."
Jet examined Sonic again.
"You have changed,man."
"Yeah,you too.You work here?"
Jet nodded again.
"Wave and Storm are here too,if you remember them"
Shadow intervened over them.
"We're going now."
Jet looked surprised.
"Now?Its 3 am."
"Yes.We should move faster."
Jet shrugged.
"Well,let's go.Guys,I'm coming in the morning."
Jet walked away and Shadow followed them.Sonic was confused,but didn't say anything.Everything was happening really fast,but he didn't complain,but Jet's question was pretty good.What did Shadow actually wanted to do with those emeralds?