Chapter 13

AMY'S POV

Amy was drinking her coffee,in a beautiful and sunny morning.it's been almost 5 days since her friends surprising disappearance.She tried to cheer up Knuckles and Sticks and tried to make them believe that everything is going to be okay.They announced the police about the case they were going through,but Amy wanted to keep things discreet,that's why almost nobody knew about this.She missed her two best friends and always thought about them,but she tried to think positive and tried so look happy for the others.
She sighed and looked at the window.

Suddenly,someone knocked at the door.

She stood up and ran at the door.Before opening it,she prayed for good news or someone that she wants to see,but little did she knew.

"S-Shadow.."
Amy was surprised.She didn't saw Shadow in a while.He was looking directly in her eyes.

"Hello,Rose.Nice to see you again."
Amy didn't know what she should do,so she stayed still and looked at him.
"Hi.What do you want,Shadow?"

"I want to talk to you.May I come in?"

Amy waited for some seconds.Was letting Shadow come in a good idea?He always was an enemy to everyone.

"Yes,I think.."
Shadow entered in her house and sat down her couch.Amy followed him and sat on a chair.

"So,what is bringing you there?"
Shadow looked down.He seemed pretty sad.

"I'm so sorry to come here and tell you such a bad thing,but I think you're the first one who deserves to know this,Amy."

A ton of fears took all over the pink hedgehog.What is he talking about?What happened?!

"What is it,Shadow?Please tell me,I need some news,I don't care if they are bad or good."

"I'm sure you noticed Sonic's disappearance.He was desperate to find Tails,and went looking for him in the city where I live,thinking I was the one who captured his friend.When he firstly came,I was working with Jet The Hawk,if you remember him,on finding the chaos emeralds.He showed up and started fighting me for no reason.Of course I attacked back,I couldn't just let him kill me.He got angry and took my gun,and did a terrible thing.He tried to kill me,but killed Jet instead."he stopped and sighed.

"I'm so sorry,you're such a beautiful girl,you don't deserve to go through this kind of things."

Amy was devastated.What was in his mind?Why would he do this?

A tear fell down her cheek.

"When did this happen?"
The disappointment in her voice was so easy to be heard.

"Yesterday,in the afternoon."

Amy tried to calm down and looked up,trying to hold her tears.

"I can't believe this..Shadow,are you telling me the truth?"

"I'm afraid that all of this is true,Rose.I understand you're devastated now,I would feel like this too if that happened to me."

"Where is he now?"
"He's coming back tomorrow."
"Good."

A weird feeling pierced her.What if Shadow was lying?

Amy looked in his eyes.He was staring at her.His eyes meant a lot of things in the same time,but she could see guilt in those red eyes.

"I invite you to come and talk to him tomorrow.I will tell all your friends about this.By the way,if you're feeling vulnerable or hurt,you can visit me.I'll stay in a hotel for some days,and you're well received every time."

Amy nodded and looked in a different direction.After everything that happened,she still couldn't completely trust Shadow.What if he was manipulating her and all this stuff was a lie?But,seriously,Sonic would do that for Tails,or..Was it too much?

"And I wanted to remind you about how much you have changed.You look beautiful."

She didn't say anything.She ignored him.

"We'll meet tomorrow at MehBurger.Tell Sonic to come here too."
Shadow nodded.He stood and got out of her house.

"Thank you for letting me know all of these."
Shadow smiled and walked away.
"I don't know what I should believe or not."