Here

When I came to, I was back at the boys' house. I was lying on the couch, my head in Harry's lap. He looked at me, worried.

I frowned, confused. Then, what happened hit me hard.

My mom. In a puddle of her own blood, not moving.

The message on the wall.

I squeezed my eyes shut, and Harry stroked my hair.

I felt sick to my stomach, and shot off of Harry to run to the bathroom. I kneeled in front of the toilet, retching up anything I had eaten in the past hours. Harry followed me slowly, gently pulling my hair away from my sweating face.

"I'm here," he whispered, kissing my temple. "I'll always be here."

I stared at my hands gripping the counter shakily, and stood slowly. I grabbed my toothbrush, and quickly scrubbed my teeth to get the taste of bile out of my mouth. When I was done, Harry pulled a piece of gum out of his pocket, handing it to me. I took it gratefully, further ridding my mouth of the awful taste of vomit.

"Where's Nessa?" I asked eventually, after flushing the toilet and sitting back down on the couch. Harry brought me closer to him, resting his head on mine.

"With Niall," he said. "She doesn't really know what's going on."

I nodded, biting my lip. "Keep it that way. We'll have the funeral soon, and just tell her mommy's not coming back. She's gone."

"Doesn't she deserve to know?"

"Yeah, but she's too young. She won't know what to think right now, and we're not lying to her. We'll just wait a little bit."

Harry held me even closer if possible, and I felt something drip down my neck.

He was crying.

***

Black. A sea of black. None of my family was present.

It was just the gang.

We had called my relatives, but no one answered, or they didn't really care. I didn't expect them to.

My mom's funeral was a short ceremony, just a few words with a closed casket and then she was gone.

My eyes were rivers of tears, and Harry never let my hand go the entire time. He let a few tears fall, but did his best to be strong for me.

Nessa held my other hand, not fully comprehending this was a funeral for her own mother. I didn't blame her; she was young and we didn't tell her any more than we had to.

Soon, it was over, and I had to say goodbye. I took flowers from the top of the casket, thorns from the roses cutting my palms slightly. I winced, and tossed a bit of dirt on the wood before whispering something I should've told my mom much more than I did.

"I love you," my voice cracked, and I sniffled. Harry threw a bit of soil down from next to me, and we both pulled Nessa back to my house to get our belongings. The city was clearing it out the next day, and we needed to get anything we wanted before then.

I opened the front door with my key, and walked up the steps with suitcases. I neatly folded all my clothes in a few, and Nessa's in another. Shoes went in one along with bags, and I grabbed blankets while Harry wrapped lamps and put them in boxes.

We slowly but surely cleared my house, and Niall, Liam, Louis, and Zayn took anything we didn't want to charity.

Soon, the only room we hadn't touched was my mom's.

I pushed the door open, taking hesitant steps into the room. I grabbed a picture of Nessa, her, and I, putting it in my purse and taking one last look around the room.

Something caught my eye as I was about to leave.

It was on the dresser, almost hidden from sight.

My mother's cross necklace, its delicate chain faded from wear. I picked it up gingerly, and ran my finger over the pendant. Engraved on the back, in letters so thin I had to tilt the necklace to read, was a word.

Forever.

I clenched my fist, squeezing my eyes shut. I felt someone take the necklace from me, and clasp it around my neck. It fell to my collarbone.

I opened my eyes to see Harry in front of me. "You ready?" he asked.

"As I'll ever be."

***

Kick. Punch. Shoot. Stab.

Repeat.

Again.

And again.

And again.

I lived, breathed, and ate training. It was my way of getting my mind off things; my way of letting everything out.

With every blow that left my body, a bit of my hatred and pain left too.

But not enough to make a difference.

Every fiber in my being wanted to tear Shane apart. Every muscle, every bone, every nerve wanted to take his little neck in my hands and snap it. But I couldn't. He was invisible. Couldn't be found.

I had nightmares. Every evening, I would wake up in bed next to Harry, panting and crying. Harry was so sweet about it, wanting to help, but there was nothing he could do.

One day, we finally heard news.

Shane was back. And he was waiting.

"No." a higher said, shaking his head furiously. "Absolutely not."

"We have to. I'm not going to let Shane get away with this," Harry stated. I stood behind him, my jaw working as we stared down the entire gang. We were gathered in the living room, discussing what to do about the situation.

It had been a week since my mom's funeral.

"I'm going," I said flat out. "I honestly don't give a shit about anything right now. Nessa's not allowed to be here, considering we're not old enough to legally take care of her. She's in a foster home. I have nothing else to fucking lose."

Harry held my hand, glancing over once. "I'm going too."

The higher looked at us, incredulous. "Are you insane? This gang that Shane's with... they're ruthless. Have no care for humanity. They will kill all of you with anything without a second thought."

"I'm going with," Niall said, his fists tight. "This needs to be settled."

"Me too," Liam put in, crossing his arms from the couch.

"Count me in," said Louis.

"It needs to be done," Zayn shrugged, and I knew he was coming with us too.

But still. It was a suicide mission, and we all knew it.

"Suit yourselves," the higher stated, turning to walk out of the room.

"I'll go," someone else said. "I think Shane needs to see we won't let things go by."

One by one, the rest of the people in the gang made some sort of commitment to going with us to kill Shane.

All three hundred of One Direction agreed.

It was war.

~~~

a/n: so the ending kinda sucks ngl I didn't know how to make it not cheesy

aaaaaanyways tanks for reading guys it means a lot to me :)

have a good day all of you ily I'll try to update again soon bai