Dead

I swallowed thickly, trying to comprehend what he had just told me.

"You're making it more difficult on yourself by trying to stay away from me," Harry said, smiling. "Because I'm going to get you, Charlie. I promise you I will." Harry stepped on the gas, and drove me into the heart of London.

Pulling up on a curb, Harry shut the engine off. He climbed out his side, and I pulled on my door handle. It didn't work. I frowned, and Harry opened my door from the outside, smirking.

"Why do you have a safety lock on my door?" I asked, picking at one of my nails calmly.

Harry shrugged. "I didn't know if you had sudden suicidal thoughts every once in a while. I wasn't about to watch if you decided to hurl yourself into traffic," he patted my head, and I shoved his arm away, glaring. "Wait here," Harry said, moving around to the other side of the car and opening his door again.

Me, being insanely stupid and curious, followed him even though he said not to. He looked back at me and shook his head, but said nothing.

He reached into the center console and pulled out the gun. I watched wide eyed as he made sure the safety was on, sticking it in the back waistband of his jeans. He pulled his shirt over it, and turned back around to face me.

"I told you I would make sure nothing happened to you," Harry said, looking me dead in the eye. I said nothing.

"Let's go," Harry held out a hand. I ignored it, walking ahead of him and taking in the beautiful buildings before me.

I wasn't used to big cities. Even the huge ones in America didn't compare to London. It was... Massive.

"Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world, took the midnight train going anywhere..." I sang softly.

"Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit, took the midnight train going anywhere," Harry joined me, his voice surprisingly smooth and sweet.

"I'm surprised you know that song," I said, glancing back at him. He was only a few steps behind me, sunglasses on and hands in his pockets.

"Are you kidding me? Everyone knows that song," Harry smiled. "A singer in a smokey room, a smell of wine and cheap perfume..."

"For a smile they can share the night it goes on and on and on and on," I sang along, my higher voice melting perfectly into the familiar tune. "Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard, their shadows searching in the night."

I stopped, expecting to hear Harry still behind me. When I didn't, I turned around, stopping.

Harry had fallen silent, watching me with a grin on his face.

"What?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He stepped up right in front of me, placing his hands on my waist and staring right into my eyes. "Streetlights, people, living just to find emotion, hiding somewhere in the night."

"Oi! Styles!" Someone yelled.

"Shit," Harry whispered, resting his forehead on mine for a second. "I need you to run away as fast as you can, alright?"

I nodded quickly, pulling out of Harry's arms and dashing down the sidewalk. I only made it a few yards before strong arms grabbed me.

I struggled, and the person who had caught me clamped a hand over my mouth, drowning out my cries.

I looked at my captor, fear visible in my features. He was a burly man, tattoos up his arms and onto his neck. Both ears were pierced multiple times, and his cold blue eyes sized me up.

"Hey there, baby. Why are you running away?" He growled, clenching my arms tight behind my back. I squeezed my eyes shut, holding back tears.

The man forced me back the way I had come, into a group of boys around Harry's age, but more built. The boys glanced over my body, eyes lingering on my boobs and butt. I even saw one lick his lips hungrily.

My captor nudged me forward with his knee, and I nearly stumbled. He yanked me up by my arms, and I screamed into his hand in pain.

We finally got through the crowd, and I could see one of the boys speaking to Harry.

"Harry, you know we can't have both of us running this town," he said, shaking his head. "It just doesn't work that way. And if one of us has to go, I'm going to make sure it's you." He pulled out a dagger, spinning it in his palm.

"Clay, I found this one running away," my captor said in his gravelly voice. I clenched my teeth together, watching as Clay and Harry both turned to look at me. Harry's eyes widened a fraction, but other than that, he gave no signs of recognition.

"Ooh, this one your latest catch, Harry?" Clay asked, stalking over and removing my sunglasses. I blinked at the sudden light, staring defiantly up into Clay's face. He laughed.

"Clay, let her go. She isn't part of this," Harry said calmly, his eyes on me.

"Oh but Harry, you know I can't do that. She's here. She's yours. She's definitely part of this, whether she knows it or not."

Whoa, major déjà vu in the house, I thought, my mind trying to uplift my sinking spirit. I looked at Harry, who I could tell was doing everything in his power not to launch himself at Clay.

Clay seemed to notice this, because he taunted Harry endlessly.

"She's a nice one, I have to admit. New, she's still a defiant little bitch. I could fix that up real fast, though," Clay said, and Harry flinched, his fists curling. "It should be fun to see her watch the life drain from your eyes."

The big burly guy still holding me kicked my down onto the concrete, pulling my hair back so I was looking up. He removed his hand from my mouth, and I stared at Clay.

"So, birdie, what's your name?" He asked, leaning over me. I didn't say a word.

Clay's eyes changed from humorous to hard in a matter of seconds. He repeated the question, but I still didn't answer.

Clay ground his teeth together, standing up straight and glancing back at Harry, who was watching me carefully. Clay whipped back around to face me, raising his hand and slapping me across the face.

I gasped, squeezing my eyes shut and wincing as the stinging began. When I opened them again, I saw Clay had raised his hand as if he was going to strike me again. I closed my lids, breathing out silently and preparing for the next blow.

All of a sudden, police sirens began screaming. Clay cursed, dropping his arm. "You! Boys! Scram! Get out of here before they get close!"

The group around us dispersed, and my captor yanked me off the ground. We followed Clay as he held a knife against Harry, pushing him down an alleyway.

Once we could no longer hear the sirens, Clay stopped walking. He shoved Harry up against a wall, fisting his shirt. "Now look what you've done," he growled. "Police almost got us, and it's your fault."

I huffed. "No it's not," I protested. Clay turned back around slowly, as if he was astonished I could actually talk. "It's yours. If you would've left us alone this wouldn't be happening."

Clay laughed, shocked. "What did you just say?"

I got the feeling it was a rhetorical question.

"Did you just say it was MY fault?" Clay glared at me angrily, and before I could do anything, his palm made contact with my face again.

That time, I couldn't stop a tear, and it rolled down my cheek.

Clay cackled. "Not so tough now, huh baby? I bet if you really tried-"

I heard a bang, and Clay dropped to the ground. My captor released his hold on me, and I fell down next to Clay, staring into his blank eyes.

I scrambled away, backing myself against a wall as I realized what had happened. Harry had shot him.

I stifled a scream, frantically searching for Harry himself. I spotted him a few meters away, in full combat with my captor.

The burly man was swinging punches, but Harry dodged all of them. Harry shoved the heel of his hand into the guy's nose, and it snapped.

He stared at the blood as if he had never seen it before, which have Harry the opportunity to bash him in the head with the back of the pistol.

Harry hit him over and over and over with the gun, waiting until the larger man no longer moved. When he was finished, Harry straightened.

I sat on the ground, paralyzed. Harry walked over, and squatted in front of me. I launched myself away from him, standing.

"Charlie?" Harry asked hesitantly. "Are you okay?" He stood up, taking a step forward.

I stepped back, wide eyed, staring at the gun that was still in Harry's hand. Harry followed my line of sight, realizing what I was looking at. He set the gun on the gravel carefully, holding up his hands.

I could see blood on them.

"Charlie, please," Harry begged.

"Stay away from me, Harry," I whispered, backing away faster.

"Charlie!" Harry called, running after me. He caught my arm, pulling me around to face him. He gripped my hand, staring at me. "Charlie, please don't run away from me."

I shook my hand out of his, shoving him off me. "Get the fuck away!" I screamed, wheeling myself around and sprinting in the opposite direction.

Harry didn't follow.

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:
A/N:

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!!!

Lol. Any suggestions?

I was typing this originally going to make Charlie thank Harry and such for saving her, but then I thought it was too mainstream and too early in the story, so I threw a major plot twist in there. Boom. Charlie run away.

MWAHAHAHA!!!

One of the other boys will be in the next chapter. :)

Can we get to 4 votes before my next update? This should hopefully keep me consistent LOLOL

4 VOTES PLS ILY